RealModScene
vanguard

[Aurora] GameTitleName text on DvdJacket

Could you provide an option to place the 'GameTitleName' text onto the dvdCovers (jackets)?? 

Reason: I have no intention of connecting xbox to the net to get covers.  Therefore it would be nice to quickly scroll to the game that you want to play quickly by seeing the Text written on the DvdJacket.

• Like 2

Could you provide an option to place the 'GameTitleName' text onto the dvdCovers (jackets)?? 

Reason: I have no intention of connecting xbox to the net to get covers.  Therefore it would be nice to quickly scroll to the game that you want to play quickly by seeing the Text written on the DvdJacket.

The names are at the bottom of the games.  If not all you have to do is rename it right.  And if you dont want to connect to the net there is another way takes some time

to do thow  http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4599-how-to-get-game-covers-for-aurora-4b-if-you-cant-connect-to-xbox-to-the-net/

• Like 1

Swizzy - Yes this is for Aurora 0.4b.

I understand the GameTitleNames are at the bottom, but I would like to have the GameTitleNames also written (in plain text) on the DVDjacket artwork.

Currently the DVDjacket artwork text says "No Covers" - So, instead of saying "No Covers" it would be great if it displayed the "GameTitleName" text  on the covers.

The advantage of this is that you can then read the next/previous GameTitleName in the list just by looking at the DVDjacket artwork, because the text will be written on all of those jackets.

Sorry if I am repeating myself, all I am trying to say is make the DVDjacket = GameTitle text.

Not a horrible idea, just so you know what is next in the list if the game doesnt have any cover, but kind of defeats the purpose of xbox unity covers, which i prefer, as it looks cooler. If they just wanted it to list title names, the dashboard would resemble XexMenu, which as far as the programming goes would be much easier.

Correct - If the programming is easy to enable this text then it would be great to add this optional feature.

I am not suggesting everyone needs this by default, but if it was added as a 'tick' option it would be great for me.

They do have a feature like xexmenu. there is a button that shows a listview of games, dont remember which one off the top of my head.

Also, you are not correct.

While the code to xex menu sort of dash is easier then the direct3d driven aurora or fsd, the fact of the matter is that aurora is directed around "Light Weight" but user friendly enviornment. This means as simple and fast as possible while giving the most functionality. What I am getting at is that every line of code takes  processor time away from what is actually important. Especially when rendering images, which is exactly what you are asking for, consider the blank default cover is an image that is saved in basically a memory dump of an image, which can be put back in memory at any time. This means faster loading. Now when we go to add game names on top of that, you would basically have to re render the image, which will take time, which will slow it down alot, especially with large game libraries. I dont know how much of an effect this would have on performance, but I am sure one of the devs can correct me if I am wrong.

Swizzy - Yes this is for Aurora 0.4b.

I understand the GameTitleNames are at the bottom, but I would like to have the GameTitleNames also written (in plain text) on the DVDjacket artwork.

Currently the DVDjacket artwork text says "No Covers" - So, instead of saying "No Covers" it would be great if it displayed the "GameTitleName" text  on the covers.

The advantage of this is that you can then read the next/previous GameTitleName in the list just by looking at the DVDjacket artwork, because the text will be written on all of those jackets.

Sorry if I am repeating myself, all I am trying to say is make the DVDjacket = GameTitle text.

I think right now it's a static image, it's not generated at runtime which would be required for this type of functionality, and it would have to be re-rendered every time you need it in order to be accurate, there's also not really any gain to doing this, you see the game names in multiple places, and it would likely cause a problem if the game name is longer then the current text, what do we do then?

The Quick Browse list was created precisely for this situation.   Rendering text to the covers is severely complex, especially since we support different cover layouts.   I could render text on the face of every cover, but as soon as you change the Spine view- you can't see them again.   Then, like Swizzy said- if the text is too long what then?

One thing that someone could do- and we set up the skin to support this- is you could make Aurora boot into a quick view list and just hide the coverflow all together.