RealModScene
armantaleser

2 Terabytes Desktop External Hard Drive on JTAG/RGH 2

Hi Everyone,

I have read somewhere on the internet or on this forum that 2 TB hard drive is supported in JTAG/RGH2. So bought a 2 TB Seagate Expansion Desktop External Hard Drive.

I formatted it as Fat32 in my MacBook. My Xbox 360 E Console recognizes the Hard Drive but it got error when I configure it. I added games on it, but F3 and XEX Menu can't play any games.

Can you guys please point me or help me where did I get wrong? Or is 2TB really supported in JTAG?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Sorry for my bad English.

• Like 2

First of all, this is NOT a tutorial... why post it in the tutorial section?

Second; where do you try to use it? USB? it's also quite possible that your MAC messed up the formatting, you need to have it as MBR, it cannot be GPT (which OSX likes to use)

Get yourself a windows PC and format it there to FAT32, then you can use it with FSD and XEXMenu as long as you put the games on the FAT32 partition and nowhere else...

• Like 2

Like swizzy said use a windows machine with this tool:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/323-gui-format-fat32-drive-formatter/

If it's a 2.5" sata drive inside that enclosure though, I would recommend taking the drive out and putting into a regular xbox hdd case like this one:

http://imgur.com/WvlElbl

I found that when you have the hdd internal, it's more reliable and just easier to deal with. If you have a slim xbox the hdd will just slide into the side.

• Like 2

It's a 2 TB Seagate Expansion Desktop External Drive and I have the Xbox 360 E console running 2.0.17150 dashboard.

I formatted it on Mac because its very hard to format fat32 to a 2 TB hard drive.

It's a 2 TB Seagate Expansion Desktop External Drive and I have the Xbox 360 E console running 2.0.17150 dashboard.

I formatted it on Mac because its very hard to format fat32 to a 2 TB hard drive.

It's not hard at all, make the partition on windows, then you download guiformat and format it using that... voila, done!

I already given up.

What I did is this. I bought 1TB Internal Hard Drive and replace my existing 250 GB and also bought 1 TB 2.5 External Hard Drive. So I have 1TB as Internal Hard Drive and 1 TB External Hard Drive. Now I have a total of 2TB games storage. Sounds stupid and very unwise decision but I can leave with that and I am very happy with the results.

Now I am ready for the Aurora version .05.