RealModScene
StaticPulse

[Aurora] Game Categories and LiNK support games sorting

I know this is no easy task but having the Games, XBLA, Homebrew, Xbox Classic, and Emulators section with a fifth category that holds LiNK supported games would be awesome. In those categories having Game Genre and a search feature would also be nice.

Its a databasing nightmare but I think it would make the overall accessibility of  the software much much more enjoyable! A very low priority indeed but I think it should be considered as a future project when the more important things are completed.

I do understand the filters in the programs displayed menu but incorporating the search function by genre and LiNK support would be really awesome!

*EDIT* nevermind, I just found the genres filter......     =\ please delete this post.

• Like 1

I'm not going to delete this thread as others will likely come with similar suggestions...

On a side note; each filter is user customizable, meaning, you can make your own based on the data that is stored in the database, if there's anything missing you'd like to see, make the suggestion and i'll try to help you make the script, or if there's data missing in the database we might look into how we could possibly add whatever is missing, most data is already there, and most data is taken from the xex or from xbox.com, but there might be things that we've overlooked that can be done using the data we do get from these places...

• Like 1

I'm not going to delete this thread as others will likely come with similar suggestions...

On a side note; each filter is user customizable, meaning, you can make your own based on the data that is stored in the database, if there's anything missing you'd like to see, make the suggestion and i'll try to help you make the script, or if there's data missing in the database we might look into how we could possibly add whatever is missing, most data is already there, and most data is taken from the xex or from xbox.com, but there might be things that we've overlooked that can be done using the data we do get from these places...

The only thing I can see that it lacks other than LiNK supported games filter is that genre isnt supported by xbox classic titles.

The only thing I can see that it lacks other than LiNK supported games filter is that genre isnt supported by xbox classic titles.

i don't think we're able to get that information from xbox.com (for classic games) which is where we get it for Xbox 360 games

There is a "LiNK Supported" filter under "Misc", have you checked there?

• Like 2

i don't think we're able to get that information from xbox.com (for classic games) which is where we get it for Xbox 360 games

There is a "LiNK Supported" filter under "Misc", have you checked there?

lol wow, Now I really feel like an ass hahaha! Thanks man, will keep the misc filters section in mind. ^_^

• Like 1

Thank you all for the help,

I have a question. I haven't added my XBLA or emulator sections since I didn't see a XBL or emulator section in Aurora(Like in FSD3). If I under stand this correctly, if I add my XBLA and emulator sections, all I would have to do is set the filters on and off to display the different categories of games? A thousand apologize if I didn't explain this correctly.

XBLA are detected automatically when you scan, Emulators require scriptdata to be set to that...

Thank you very much for the reply,

I haven't set the path for them yet, is what I meant. I just didn't have a full understanding of the filter system or that the emulators would require script data. I am still bouncing back and forth between Aurora and FSD3.

I hope this isnt a question that has been asked and answered before but Ive searched and I cant find an answer..........

This is what I would like to achieve

When aurora is switched on I want it just to show the kids games which I have installed and not the more adult games (18 rated) and then if I want to play one of my games then I could just select 'show all' or 'xbox 360'

This is so when the kids switch it on they only see and get the option to play their games - is this possible?

Thank for your help

Andy