RealModScene
s8n

i got a question about a Reflowed 360

hi members and Swizzy ,  i bought recently x3 Jasper 360's and have installed x2 in 2 of the 360's.  The last 360 left has had a X-Clamp mod and Reflow on the GPU and CPU ,  according to the seller it has never RROD

i was wondering if the Reflow has messed with the integrity of the solder under the GPU and CPU making it weaker than out of the factory.

chat soon

• Like 1

It is nonsense to make a reflow, if the consoles are running without any problems. If the person has not worked clean, you can destroy more than heal, with a reflow. I thinks nothing of it. If you have any problems with the GPU, a bga reball is the real deal (but not for prevention).

• Like 2

It is nonsense to make a reflow, if the consoles are running without any problems.

yes thats i what i beleive too ,  either hes not very good at what he does or beleives in something that is not true....................

thanks for your input Gonzo

I think you got lied to, if the x-clamp has been modded with bolts or the stupid penny trick then it most certainly had RRoD before and was fixed by someone who should've done a reball to it. Those mods can seriously damage the GPU and will almost always eventually cause a re-occurrence of a cold solder joint on the board.

• Like 1

thanks for the info pulse.........................

interestingly when i hook this 360 up to my Panasonic Plasma via HDMI it gives a crazy image ,  but if i hook it up to my Samsung PC Monitor through HDMI and CRT TV ( composite ) its fine.  My HDTV ( Panasonic ) works with 4 other 360's i have and 6 PS3's ,  i have read in a forum ( ps3hax ) that someone returned their Panasonic HDTV due to a HDMI fault it was manufactured the same year as mine.

so im a bit stuck is my HDTV causing the wacky image or this Reflow was done incorrectly and damaged the GPU ?

i may be able to get a refund as i bought it off ebay....................

what do you guys think ?

interestingly when i hook this 360 up to my Panasonic Plasma via HDMI it gives a crazy image ,  but if i hook it up to my Samsung PC Monitor through HDMI and CRT TV ( composite ) its fine.  My HDTV ( Panasonic ) works with 4 other 360's i have and 6 PS3's ,  i have read in a forum ( ps3hax ) that someone returned their Panasonic HDTV due to a HDMI fault it was manufactured the same year as mine.

so im a bit stuck is my HDTV causing the wacky image or this Reflow was done incorrectly and damaged the GPU ?

what do you guys think ?

It really depends as to what his listing said when you made the purchase as to whether or not you can win a paypal dispute on the item.Offhand I don't know if there's GPU damage to the xbox in question or if its your tv. If the device still works you might want to consider reballing it if you have the equipment, but before you make that decision I'd test it out on other tv's to see if the problem can be replicated. Also, the issue you're having might be why he reflowed it in the first place. No one EVER does a preventative reflow, solder doesnt work that way, it's either connected or its not, there's never a reason to remelt solder that has a connection unless you're doing a reball and removing the silver solder and replacing it with the lead-based kind so that RRoD doesnt happen.

• Like 1

what do you guys think ?

It sounds to me like it's the TV or cable...

If it works over HDMI with other devices, it's not a console problem...

So far i've never seen a Jasper get RROD, not without someone messing about inside of it anyways...

A reflow should really only be done when a console has RROD as it may cause damage on the GPU if not done correctly, one could replace the X-Clamps with bolts & washers to keep it from flexing the board, but it's not really needed on jaspers... even so, if you do it the wrong way you cause more damage then do good...

• Like 2

hi guys...........

If it works over HDMI with other devices, it's not a console problem...

going by this i dont have a case in getting a refund ,  its defintely not a cable problem as ive tried 3 HDMI so it looks to be the HDTV i have

also thanks for all the other info supplied guys

DEAN

• Like 2