RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
AZTEK JuLiaN

public rooms

Is this a question or a statement? I am assuming you are either asking weather you can create public rooms, or saying that when you create a room public rooms disappear. so I guess i will give the logical answer to both.

Option 1: No you cant create public rooms, only private ones. 

Option 2. I couldnt tell you, but I would assume if you made a private room, the other rooms would disappear, because you would be locked in your private room, per say, until you removed said room. I could be completely wrong here, but it is a guess.

• Like 1

The public rooms are still there for advanced warfare, but I think they were removed on BO2 because people werent following the rules, and kept hosting modded lobbies in them. This is just a theory, as I have no say what happens with xboxunity, as for the games that dont get played online much, there isnt much need for public rooms, as they arent getting used anyway. I am sure Swizzy, or JQE could probably give a better answer, as they are more involved in that then I am.

Why is there no public rooms anymore  ?

All public rooms should still be there, if you can't see them we'll have to investigate why...

• Like 1

Thanks 

Not sure if it's on my side as I was away for a few weeks but now all I can see are hosted games no public room

Thanks Swizzy if you could look into this that would be great.

All public rooms should still be there, if you can't see them we'll have to investigate why...

Yeah, I would look into it, because I know that BO2 is missing all of its public rooms, and they have been gone for over a month. :( I just figured it was because people werent following the rules for public rooms.

So to clarify this. You can't see them in HUD? (I don't have my xbox handy to test. )

Or is it that you can't join them?

Can you see them and or join them in the Web Interface?

OK i figured out whats happening. Working on fixing it now.

OK it should resolve it self in time now.

Basically i had a mistake in my SQL Table Schema that was not allowing me to delete rooms that were timed out. This caused us to run out of room to display the rooms (even though we didn't show you the empty ones).

Now the rooms will properly timeout and in a short amount of time the list will shrink to the correct size.

This should also make the performance better again. As we will go from a few hundred rooms to process to a few dozen.

sorry for any issues this has caused you.

Thank you JQE for looking into this, I would have mentioned it earlier, but I thought that they were removed on purpose, either for people not following the rules, or for some sort of maintenance. Honestly, I am surprised that no one else mentioned it. Nice to know it is fixed though. :)

• Like 1