RealModScene
Vaynen

$SystemUpdate not working

Hello,

I have been reading a few tutorials and followed all steps required to update the kernel of my RGH 360.

Right now, I have the 16197 version and FreeStyle3 installed.

Everything works fine.

The last step is doing the system update for avatar and kinect support.

I have tried 3 different USB sticks with either $SystemUpdate or $$ystemUpdate folders, but none of them seem to work.

I plug them in and start the 360 with the power button, but nothing happens, I just end up in dashboard.

I have set noupdater = false in launch.ini , removed the .ini file from the HDD root, but nothing helps.

I am posting this here in the hope that this sounds familiar to someone and I can get a pointer or tip on things I can try. I have downloaded the update manually from http://www.homebrew-...system_updates/ but have also used the XeBuild GUI version to prepare my USB sticks.

Anyone have any idea why my xbox does not take the system update?

Thanks in advance for any comments

Are you trying the system update from f3?

If so you need to boot into metro dash to apply the update. As long as its the one for your kernel and you renamed the folder will work fine

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Okay! I just booted into the metro dash and then inserted the USB stick and managed to install the update. Thanks for your help.

I thought I had to boot the xbox with the USB stick already inserted, but this just doesn't work for me. If I insert it after booting into Metro everything works fine.

Thanks again