RealModScene
jo15765

Alternative To Party Buffalo?

Anyone out their have a different recommendation or a better way of transferring games from PC to RGH?

• Like 7

Use an FTP Client to move your stuff from PC to your RGH 360.

Games can sometimes be close to 8GB -- FTP is that the recommended option?

Recommended ? use whatever app your comfortable with or whichever best suits your needs.Using a ftp client requires that you know the folder structure of the 360 drive as it won't automatically place folder/files in the correct place,you'll need to select the desired upload location manually so be careful.If you intend at some later date to make changes to the 360 hdd,create a backup of the files/folders first in case you delete something by mistake when using an ftp client

filezilla is free & can be got as installer or portable

Other than FTP what apps are out their that can do this?  I know of Party Buffalo, but their has to be others.

Other than FTP what apps are out their that can do this?  I know of Party Buffalo, but their has to be others.

There's also Horizon... and a bunch of others, depending on what device you're actually trying to use... internal hdd?

• Like 1

I think fatxplorer works great, I've never had any of the problems I used to have with other, less developed apps.

• Like 1

Games can sometimes be close to 8GB -- FTP is that the recommended option?

The most of FTP Clients have no limitation in File Size. I'd never have any problems with various FTP Clients in the past.

I dont use it because the transfer rate is just slow and there is more danger that it corrupts or fail in the middle of the transfer process.

If you use reasonable Lan cables, the risk is not higher than other transmission routes. In addition, the FTP protocol is very stable in the transmission of data, because it's been designed for.

• Like 1

There's also Horizon... and a bunch of others, depending on what device you're actually trying to use... internal hdd?

Correct, an internal hdd.  I use Horizon to rehash/resign game saves, have never used it for anything else, I'll have to look into that.

I think fatxplorer works great, I've never had any of the problems I used to have with other, less developed apps.

Ah, another option!  Thank you I will look into this program also.

Correct, an internal hdd.  I use Horizon to rehash/resign game saves, have never used it for anything else, I'll have to look into that.

How do you copy games from PC to interlan HDD using Horizon?  I can't seem to find a good guide/tut on it...

How do you copy games from PC to interlan HDD using Horizon?  I can't seem to find a good guide/tut on it...

I'm not sure if Horizon actually supports internal harddrives, but you should connect it to your computers sata port, it should detect it if it's possible... there are other applications aswell, such as Xport360, however most of these don't support "hacked" harddrives (meaning they only support harddrives with security sectors by Microsoft)

Thanks to all for the suggestions/recommendations.  I used FatXplorer and actually purchased the program as the functionality/features offered surpassed all the other programs.