RealModScene
GoJohnny

R-Jtag Xell doesn't start

Thanks again for the advice, i don't have a multimeter, but i will see if i can borrow one.

When you say i need an additional resistor, do you mean i have to connect two resistors to each other in between of the two connecting points? And if so, should i use two with the same tolerance, or is this depending of the results of the multimeter?

You should connect them like this: C - R - R - P

where C = Cable, R = Resistor, P = point

The second resistor is dependant on the reading from the multimeter, you want to get it as close to 10k ohm as possible as i have a feeling that when you touch it with your bare hands it causes a very small leak to ground, which means that getting as close as possible to 10k ohm (like, 10k or slightly above) would probably solve your problem

If it doesn't i don't know what you should do to try and fix it right now, i do NOT recommend putting a resistor on the RF board between ground and the point as it will more likely cause more problems than you can imagine as the human skin isn't anywhere near as conductive as metal is

So if i do understand correctly; for example, if the resistor i'm using right now measures 9900 ohm, i should connect a other resistor of 100 ohm?

Oh, and thanks for the warning, cause i was indead thinking about that.

So if i do understand correctly; for example, if the resistor i'm using right now measures 9900 ohm, i should connect a other resistor of 100 ohm?

Oh, and thanks for the warning, cause i was indead thinking about that.

Yeah, well you might need one slightly above 100 ohm (check the resistance using the multimeter so you get one that makes it get as close as possible to 10k ohm (10 000 ohm) you should also check the resistance after putting them together to check that the resistance measured 10k ohm...

Keep in mind, you should do this while the resistor is NOT connected to the motherboard... as the motherboard MAY cause the resistance to show less when connected even if there's no current passing through it...

I used a multimeter to read the resistor and it gave a value of 9.99K Ohm, so i bought a resistor of 10 Ohm, and Connected everything as follows; R2P12-cable-10K Ohm resistor-10 Ohm resistor-6pin. But unfortunately no luck, still the same problem. Does this mean i can not use this Xbox anymore? I am even thinking about drilling a hole in the front of the console, so i can stick my finger in when it is closed. But that should really be just about the last option. Could there be something wrong with one of the soldering points, or is R2P12 the only option for a non functioning RF board?

I just tried adding an other 10 Ohm resistor, so now i used 20 Ohm instead of 10, but still the same result.

So, it's not that resistor, it could be one of the others, it's not so easy to tell really... i am out of ideas right now as to what you can try at this point...

Yes, i understand, well, thanks for all the help for the last couple of days. If you might come up with a new idea, please let me know.

By the way, to see if everything else was working, i just installed xex menu, freestlyle dash and dashlaunch, and everything worked out fine. It's just that the console doesn't start, otherwise it would be great.

Sorry to bother you again, but i found the following on the www (see picture pin 5), would it be a possibility to connect pin 5 to gnd to make the Rf board power on?

If not, would powering the console with a wired controller make it boot and thereby make the RF board power on? (i would have to buy one, so therefore i ask you first)

By the way, i found a schematic (see picture r2p12) that said the R2P12 uses a 10K Ohm resistor with a 5% tolerance, not that it matters, cause that one didn't work out either, just thought to let you now.

post-1000-0-80668400-1427545627_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-48549600-1427545630_thumb.jpg

Is it your thumb making a connection or is it the pressure of your thumb on the RF that is making it work maybe you have a bad connecter that the Rf slots into, just pulling a straws but worth shot try using something non conductive to add pressure were you would of had your thumb see if it boots if nothing else you rule something else out

Sent from my fingers

at this point, it seems like the logical answer.

Indeed it does look like something's wrong with the connector the RF goes into. Because i placed the DVD drive back into the console and tried to boot to Xell reloaded, using the eject button, but Xell also doesn't start with the RF board Connected. Only when i remove the RF board Xell boots. So, it seems like something inside or outside the socket is short circuiting the console and preventing it from starting.

Only thing is, visually i can't  discover anything wrong with the connector, nothing seems bend or broken. (the 4 pins on the top row and the 5 pins on the bottom row also seem to be okay)

Does any of you have a suggestion of what could be wrong with it, and how i could fix this?

Yes, finaly this issue is fixed. For those who might be interested in how to fix this issue: after good advice of some real helpfull guys at TX, i connected the left over pad of the R2P12 to the via of the lost pad from R2P12 (the little hole in the R) I used a 10K Ohm resistor to connect the two together.

Also thanks to Swizzy and Gavin_darkglider for all the help and patience.

This topic can now be closed.