RealModScene
GoJohnny

R-Jtag Xell doesn't start

can i use one of the resistors that came with the CR4XL? (picture) or do i have to order one at Conrad? If so, do i just have to look for a 10K Ohm resistor, or do i need more specifications?

And can the resistor just be soldered to where it was sitting?

post-1000-0-00491400-1425752398_thumb.jpg

can i use one of the resistors that came with the CR4XL? (picture) or do i have to order one at Conrad? If so, do i just have to look for a 10K Ohm resistor, or do i need more specifications?

And can the resistor just be soldered to where it was sitting?

Those are not resistors, those are capacitors... you needing to ask that makes me highly advice you to let someone that knows what they're doing do this for you...

Thanks for the advice, like i said before, this is all new to me. Unfortunatly i don't have someone who could help me out  with this, so i guess i'll just give it a trie.

As i look at the picture in my previous post, it looks like there are still two points left on the board that i can solder to, so i think i can manage that. If you could please tell me what i exactly need to order, and if it is okay to solder to that points, or if i have to solder to the trace as well. I'll just take my time and be carefull.

You need a SMD resistor with the resistance 10k ohm (10 000 ohm) the size of the resistor i believe is a 0402 (smallest there is) but it could be a 0603 aswell, which is 1 step up from smallest...

You're right abouth it being difficult to do (really tiny stuff), and so i tried to find someone to do it for me, but unfortunatly without succes. No pro was able or willing to help me (most of them not doing R-Jtag).

So i read a lot more abouth it on the internet and bought some 10K Ohm resistors and even managed to solder it to the points where the resistor was. But when i tried to bend it a little ( to make it fit the case) it came of the board again, and took one of the points with it.

Now i've been searching the net for a fix, but all i read abouth it, is that i should scrape of the trace and make a connection with a resistor, only thing is, i can not find any diagram of how to exactly connect things.

I just hope you can help me out on this one more time? I would be verry thankfull, because the way it is right now, the console is useless.

post-1000-0-46261600-1426002625_thumb.jpg

I can't see where it's going to in your picture, i can maybe help you map it a little later...

At this point, I would suggest finding a pro over at the Team-Xecuter forums, Oggy, and Martin C are good if you are in the UK, and Jsinger, rdubs007, Nofeloniesyet, BrockThunderJam are all located in the US, and can probably fix, and finish this up for you, for a price.

At this point, I would suggest finding a pro over at the Team-Xecuter forums, Oggy, and Martin C are good if you are in the UK, and Jsinger, rdubs007, Nofeloniesyet, BrockThunderJam are all located in the US, and can probably fix, and finish this up for you, for a price.

He's from the netherlands, but i think Oggy, MartinC or Bl4k3y can all do it, if he contacts them...

I won't be able to help you map the traces tonight, but in the next few days i'll do it... when i have the time to trace it...

Thanks for the advice gavin_darkglider, but i really can't afford to send it to the UK, and pay a lot of money to get it fixed.

Okay, thank you Swizzy, no rush, i'm glad you're willing to help.

Hi Swizzy, were you able to map the traces already, or did'n't you have the time to do it yet?

Like i said, no rush of course, just hope you remember me.

Got myself a pair of magnifying glasses right now, hope that will help to do the job.

Hi Swizzy, were you able to map the traces already, or did'n't you have the time to do it yet?

Like i said, no rush of course, just hope you remember me.

Got myself a pair of magnifying glasses right now, hope that will help to do the job.

http://tinypic.com/r/2jcc17t/8 in this closeup you'll see the trace that connects to the resistor, the via on the other side is connected to the RF-Module (the other one you asked me about before from those diagrams)

Okay, but what to do right now? Do i have to scrape the trace on either side of the resistor, solder wire to both sides and then connect it with a 10K Ohm resistor? Or do i have to make some other connections?

Since one of the pads is still connected (the one with the traces) you can connect to that point and put a 10k ohm resistor (any type should do really, don't have to be SMD, just make sure it's isolated!) and connect the other end to the RF Module point (you can use the one on the motherboard)

So, when i understand you correctly, i have to solder a resistor to the remaining point of the resistor that is gone, and then wire it to Q2N1?

If that is correct, according to the diagram i used before, i have already soldered a wire coming from the other side of the board, to that point. Does it have to stay there?

Not Q2N1, that point is AUD_CLAMP, we're talking about ARGON_DATA now: http://s144.photobucket.com/user/XxEclispedMoonxX/media/JTAG_Hack/SPI__JTAG_diagram_zephyr-falcon-opu.png.html the yellow wire here connects to the bottom side of the motherboard where you plug the RF-Module into the motherboard, connect a wire from the remaining pad with a resistor somewhere between them (a 10k ohm resistor) to the other point shown in this image...

Sorry to keep on asking, but if i am not mistaking i have already Connected that point of the yellow cable (according to the other diagram) to the other side of the board. (see pics)

post-1000-0-15350200-1426365200_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-03533500-1426365206_thumb.jpg

Sorry to keep on asking, but if i am not mistaking i have already Connected that point of the yellow cable (according to the other diagram) to the other side of the board. (see pics)

You're thinking of the wrong point... i'll make you a better picture myself later...

http://tinypic.com/r/2ivxls8/8 here's a quick diagram customized for what you need to do, the yellow cable is what you want to connect, the red thingy is to demonstrate what i've made a closeup of, obvisouly the other end of it (the yellow one) is the pad you still have... the resistor also has to be somewhere between the two, i would recommend placing it in the end i did a closeup on in this picture as it is stronger then the little tiny pad you've got on the other end...

I think this picture is of a Jasper, but that doesn't matter, as these points are the same on all models with HDMI...

Verry clear diagram, i finally understand, haha. Thanks a lot for all the work you put in to this. I'll try this first thing monday morning. I'll let you know how it worked out.

• Like 1

I really hoped this would do it, but unfortunatly it still doesn't start with the RF board Connected.

I tried using the start button on the RF board, and i also tried to start using a controller, but te controller doesn't seem to find the RF board.

Only when i remove the RF board, the console starts immediately, and when i then replace the RF board, the controller also finds the RF board.

post-1000-0-01722300-1426598033_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-61638400-1426598039_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-49457400-1426598046_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-61203000-1426598053_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-80505000-1426598063_thumb.jpg

On previous pictures you don't see this, but i used a resistor like this (see pic). Could this have anything to do with it? It's a 10K Ohm resistor.

Should i trie connecting other resistors, or could there still be something else that is wrong?

I'll also attach a picture of the top of the board, maybe something is wrong with that?

Hope you can help , getting a bit nuts.

post-1000-0-05381200-1426602284_thumb.jpg

Hi Swizzy,

I just found out about something. I thought; maybe the RF board is not connecting to the console like it should be, so i removed the motherboard from the case and pressed the RF board to the console while pushing the start button. And then it immediately booted. But in a later attempt it didn't. So what i found out was that the console only boots when i press my thumb to the place on the RF board i outlined on the attached picture.

Do you know what this means, and what i can do now?

post-1000-0-93404400-1426619629_thumb.jpg