RealModScene
GoJohnny

R-Jtag Xell doesn't start

Yes,you showed me that diagram before, and you are being really helpfull so far, but like i told you, with that diagram i really don't understand of what to do right now. I'm not being lazy, i just really don't understand. Like i showed you in a post above this one, i have Connected a CR4XL to a QSB on top of the motherboard, and some wiring to the bottom.

Could you please, please explain to me if i can leave all that connections as they are, and then make the extra connections as shown on the diagram, or do i also have to change other wiring?

All of the other wires can be left as-is, if you look at it the QSB you removed is connected in a similar way as the diagram i showed you, the difference is that the QSB uses some alternative points on the bottom of the board, and have a potential for other problems...

oke, thanks a lot for explaining, so i just have to connect a red, blue and yellow wire to the points as shown, and this is also correct setting for aud_clamp?

oke, thanks a lot for explaining, so i just have to connect a red, blue and yellow wire to the points as shown, and this is also correct setting for aud_clamp?

Well, you connect them as described, the difference is that the yellow wire you connect to the Q2N1 point instead of the RF-Module

You missed the diodes

http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/162280/Diotec-1N4148-Universal-Silicon-Diode-1-N-4148-Case-type-DO-35-IF-150-mA-Reverse-voltage-UR-75-V?queryFromSuggest=true this one is the type i use myself, as you can see they've got a black and orange side, the black side is supposed to be in the direction of the arrow in the picture

You need 2 of these, one for the red and one for the yellow, the blue one doesn't need anything

Oh boy, you must think i'm pretty stupid right now, but it's just all new to me, doing this for the first time.

So i assume that at the place of the black Arrow there has to be a diode? Like in the middle of the yellow wire? Does there also need to be one at the place of the white Arrow (red wire)? And what kind of diodes do i need?

Oh boy, you must think i'm pretty stupid right now, but it's just all new to me, doing this for the first time.

So i assume that at the place of the black Arrow there has to be a diode? Like in the middle of the yellow wire? Does there also need to be one at the place of the white Arrow (red wire)? And what kind of diodes do i need?

Just like the image says, the white and black arrows represent the diode, it doesn't have to be in the middle of the cable, infact, i recommend putting them in the pinheader instead (where the cables originate from)just cut them down so they don't have more exposed then is needed for a good connection

If you check my previous post i gave you a direct link to a place which have stores also in the netherlands (that is where you're from is it not?)

** edit: **

These are pictures of one of my installs i did (limited to these wires only) NOTE: These pictures are of a R-JTAG install, not R-JTAG+ install (a.k.a. before CR4 came out) however these points are identical, as they're even identical to the very first hack (JTAG) the thing about R-JTAG/R-JTAG+ is that they also added a glitch chip, so it's a combination of RGH and JTAG essentially

http://tinypic.com/r/mhwpkw/8 <--- top side

http://tinypic.com/r/s6jewh/8 <--- bottom side red (as shown in the diagram i linked you to)

http://tinypic.com/r/14b729l/8 <--- bottom side red (as shown in the diagram i linked you to) a closer look at it...

http://tinypic.com/r/34t9vf8/8 <--- bottom side yellow (as shown in the diagram i linked you to)

http://tinypic.com/r/1zgak5t/8 <--- an overview of bottom side

Edited by Swizzy

you are not stupid. you are learning. you should read some of the stupid posts from other people. AZTEK JuLiaN http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4792-support-and-create-public-room/ and http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4860-change-user-name-xboxunity/ that dont get what swizzy is saying. so dont feel bad at lest you are understanding what is said. i hope that helps you feel more confident. good luck. you have a good day
  • Like 1

I found some better pictures in my storage which are less messy; http://imgur.com/a/ccnMA the blue wire i cut EXTREMLY short and bridge, you should only do that if you feel confident in doing such small soldering, it doesn't really matter if you do that or not tho, and the top point you've used for the red point is also fine to use, the one i use on the bottom side is an alternative point which is connected to the one in the diagrams... don't worry about not using this exact point...

• Like 1

Oh, oke, thanks for the pictures, on the picture of the diagram you linked to me, it looked like the red wire was Connected to the top of the board, and so i did. But now i see on your pics that it goes to the bottom side?

So, now i go get myself some diodes, and get back to you when everything is ready.

Oh, and yes, i do come from the beautiful Netherlands.

Haha Suprashake, thanks for the support. It was actually more my way of appologizing, but thanks anyway.

• Like 1

If you read my posts i explained that already, don't rush it, take your time, read what i say, make sure you understand everything i say, if you don't understand what i say, ask!

I'm not here to repeat everything i say 10+ times just because you don't feel like reading what i'm saying and wanting to take shortcuts (shortcuts will only give you more problems and ultimately take you longer in this world btw)

Oh, oke, thanks for the pictures, on the picture of the diagram you linked to me, it looked like the red wire was Connected to the top of the board, and so i did. But now i see on your pics that it goes to the bottom side?

So, now i go get myself some diodes, and get back to you when everything is ready.

Oh, and yes, i do come from the beautiful Netherlands.

Haha Suprashake, thanks for the support. It was actually more my way of appologizing, but thanks anyway.

no problem. i try to help anyway i can. you have a good day

• Like 1

Forgot to ask Swizzy, for the last connection i made, i used wires from this (see picture). Is that allright, our should i use some other wires

post-1000-0-07889600-1425495416_thumb.jpg

it doesn't matter so much for the JTAG wiring =) RGH is the one that's sensitive...

I have now added the two diodes (see pictures), but still the same problem. The  Xbox only boots after removing the RF board. Maybe i did something wrong again?

post-1000-0-23613200-1425731140_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-63285700-1425731146_thumb.jpg

What do you mean, i removed that QSB you link to?

Yes, i know, but if you look in the area i marked in the picture, you'll see a small black resistor, put some solder on either side of it, to make sure it's properly connected...

would it be an option to connect the yellow wire to the RF board in stead of to the Q2N1, like they do on the diagram?

So f i understand you correctly, you don't mean to put the QSB back, but just put some solder on that spot you mentioned?

would it be an option to connect the yellow wire to the RF board in stead of to the Q2N1, like they do on the diagram?

Yes, but then you have to use a different SMC, one that uses the "normal" hack instead of aud_clamp, this is highly NOT recommended as it causes additional problems, and i'm 99.9% sure this isn't the cause of your problem... if it boots, this isn't your problem... that resistor on the other hand could be...

So f i understand you correctly, you don't mean to put the QSB back, but just put some solder on that spot you mentioned?

Yes, that QSB is shit, just make sure that resistor is properly connected to the motherboard, i might be able to find a board during the week to check the value of it, or someone else might so you can check with a multimeter that it's ok...

I tried to solder it, but i am afraid it is gone right now (see picture). Maybe it was loose indeed. What to do now????

I assume i have to replace the R2P12 resistor, but what kind of resistor do i need (all i read abouth it, is that is a 10 K Ohm resistor?), and can i just solder it to the motherboard as of where it was?

post-1000-0-41170200-1425740250_thumb.jpg

I tried to solder it, but i am afraid it is gone right now (see picture). Maybe it was loose indeed. What to do now????

I assume i have to replace the R2P12 resistor, but what kind of resistor do i need (all i read abouth it, is that is a 10 K Ohm resistor?), and can i just solder it to the motherboard as of where it was?

Yes, it is a 10K Ohm resistor, and you need to find a replacement... if you're not used this tiny soldering you might be better off letting someone else help you out with this tho, as this is very difficult