R-Jtag Xell doesn't start

Products used: JRunner, CR4, Phat QSB kit

Console type: Falcon

Nand size: where do i find this?

Dashboard : 16747

CB Version: 5774

JRunner log: screenshots attached

And other images of soldering etc.

Description of problem: I soldered everything like shown on attached pictures, on J-Runner had 2 nand reads, turned audclamp and R-Jtag on, created Xell, and then wrote Xell. But now when i trie to start the console, using the eject button, it doesn't boot in to Xell.

Console was working before i started

On the CR4 led1 is burning red, and led 2 (debug) is blinking every 4-5 seconds

The light is on for about  1 second

post-1000-0-18503600-1425121913_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-79670200-1425121919_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-54322700-1425121926_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-24788300-1425121934_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-87100400-1425121939_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-57728800-1425121944_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-11504600-1425121950_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-88613800-1425121954_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-96841500-1425122902_thumb.jpg

post-1000-0-12666600-1425122926_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

For these you also need to supply the post log so we can better analyze what you are getting wrong...

sorry for being a noob to this, but where do i find this post log?

There's a feature for that in JRunner

However, your best bet is to just experiment with the dipswitch settings... one of 'em will probably work, you can use the post out logging to check what's happening and see when you are getting close...

Your dip settings are wrong, leave dip 7 on, an cycle dips 1-6, at least 1 of them will boot. Dip 7 and 8 tell the chip what console you have, the others are there, because they change the timing. I would start with dip 3, which is the standard starting dip. I have installed this chip in a falcon or 2, and it works great, 1-2 cycles if done right. :)

all xenons,falcons,opus,zephyr,and trinitys have a 16mb nand. BB Jaspers, so 512/256MB, and 4gb coronas have a 4gb nand. There are also Small block jaspers and coronas that have 16MB nands.

To use rater, you need to wire K wire, and have a jr-programmer v2, which has an extra port on it just for that, that gets hooked to the chip.

Your dip settings are wrong, leave dip 7 on, an cycle dips 1-6, at least 1 of them will boot. Dip 7 and 8 tell the chip what console you have, the others are there, because they change the timing. I would start with dip 3, which is the standard starting dip. I have installed this chip in a falcon or 2, and it works great, 1-2 cycles if done right. :)

all xenons,falcons,opus,zephyr,and trinitys have a 16mb nand. BB Jaspers, so 512/256MB, and 4gb coronas have a 4gb nand. There are also Small block jaspers and coronas that have 16MB nands.

To use rater, you need to wire K wire, and have a jr-programmer v2, which has an extra port on it just for that, that gets hooked to the chip.

K is only to use the rater function meaning only to be able to have the JRP tell the console to turn on/off to measure time...

• Like 1

Thanks for all the tips, i'm gonna experiment wit those.

Maybe a stupid question, but while i have a Flacon, in the JRunner log i found it says; patching jasper version 2.3 smc at offset 0x12ba.

Is this normal, or maybe some wrong settings in J-Runner.

Thanks in advance.

I wouldnt worry about that too much, as the xell image is pre made, all that j-runner does when you click the create ecc button is patch your KV into the xell image.

Also thank you for using the template. :)

I switched up nr. 3, and it started emidiatly, so thanks a lot for that. Only now i have a new problem, in Jrunner i trie to create xbuild image, but i can not select my dash version, even after adding it, it only says create dash and delete dash. Could you please help me out on this again.

I switched up nr. 3, and it started emidiatly, so thanks a lot for that. Only now i have a new problem, in Jrunner i trie to create xbuild image, but i can not select my dash version, even after adding it, it only says create dash and delete dash. Could you please help me out on this again.

You don't select the version you're currently running (you select the one you want to build), either way you probably need to read the tutorial/manual for JRunner...

yes i understand, but i have dash 16747, and i added 16767, but still i can not sellect this version when i want to create xebuild image

yes i understand, but i have dash 16747, and i added 16767, but still i can not sellect this version when i want to create xebuild image

You probably don't have the files, check the JRunner settings, you must have the "Check files" thing checked, the one that downloads stuff that's missing...

Sorry, my mistake, i forgot i had to power off the xbox first. I've created the image right now, and flashed it to the xbox. Only thing is, when i trie to boot, nothing is happening, the xbox is not starting up at all. Do you have any suggestions of what could be wrong????

Sorry, my mistake, i forgot i had to power off the xbox first. I've created the image right now, and flashed it to the xbox. Only thing is, when i trie to boot, nothing is happening, the xbox is not starting up at all. Do you have any suggestions of what could be wrong????

2 Possible scenarios;

1. Your dip settings need to change in order for it to work

2. The image you wrote was for some reason corrupted (or there was a write error)

Is nothing happening at all when you press the power button? if that's the case, you probably ended up with a corrupt nand... and just need to rewrite it...

it's really strange, for a minute ago it suddenly started, but only the xbox logo apeared, and nothing else happened. So is turned it back off, and tried to start it again, and now it won't start up again.

When you say won't start up does that mean it doesn't glitch or that nothing happens at all?

It's different fixes depending on which problem you have...

i have tried all the different switches; with switch 2 up, the xbox started, but didn't glitch, with switch 3 up, the xbox started, and the xbox logo appeared to the screen (only the logo). With all the other switches nothing happened, the xbox didn't start. But when i later tried switch 2 and 3 again, the xbox didn't start anymore.

How long do you wait? and you know you can combine them right?

Yes, i know i can combine them, i combined switch 7 up, with 1 to 6 up. I waited for abouth 5 minutes, but the strange thing is that with combination 7-3 at one moment the xbox started and even the logo apeared, but latr on with the same combination the xbox didn't even start. So to me it looks like a problem with the xbox not starting all the time. Only thing is, i don't know what to do abouth it, hope you can help?

Essentially, when it's having trouble glitching it's because of interference or bad settings... but... you getting stuck on boot logo means that something is also wrong with your nand... you need to check that...

• Like 1

Okay, how do i do that, just read the nand with j runner, and see what it says, or do i have to do something more?

Okay, how do i do that, just read the nand with j runner, and see what it says, or do i have to do something more?

You rebuild your nand one more time and flash and see what happens, if it works... great, if not, send me your original and i'll investigate further (i also need your key)

I created anotrher xebuild image, and then tried to write the nand, but J-Runner says flash config: 0x00000000 can not continue.

Actually the same thing happened last time, and then i copied the updflas.bin to a usb stick and then flashed it to the xbox. (probably that was wrong also?)

I created anotrher xebuild image, and then tried to write the nand, but J-Runner says flash config: 0x00000000 can not continue.

Actually the same thing happened last time, and then i copied the updflas.bin to a usb stick and then flashed it to the xbox. (probably that was wrong also?)

You need to check your soldering to the JRProgrammer/NAND-X