RealModScene
vinayr6

Far Cry 4 possible on non jtag/rgh?

So have my phat 360 modded and running the latest dashboard. When I start the game up it starts the install of the needed files but then stops about half way through. Is there a work around to this outside of RGH/JTAG mods? Something to help load the files on a Ian or something and get the game working?

• Like 6

Have to assume you used a downloaded iso from who knows where (what'd comments say about it ? the iso that is ! working ok or complaints) then proceeded to burn to whatever cheapest media you could buy (2nd mistake) then promptly over burned the iso with some method that nobody's heard of (ok just thew that in there couldn't help my self p).However  i've seen it time & time again on afterdawn & is usually attributed to one or all 3 of what i cheekily mentioned.I would mention get a xkey however the cost of that vs rgh an rgh is better value unless you want xbox live

1-use a known good iso

2-use quality media no exceptions -use of crap media results in read errors assuming it burns in the first place..forget about what verification said that ain't worth jack

3-burn it correctly

you can't ftp to a non modded 360 how useless is that ms are morons

edit: some one may know if its poss to extract the files to a usb flash or mu & install that way ????

I downloaded the files/ISO from a reputable source and am using Verbatim DVDS-RW. I've been using the site and discs for many games and have not had any issues or problems previously. It just seems to be with this game. Torrent file shows people downloading it and using it successfully so maybe I need to try it again

It could possibly be a bad disc in the batch you bought however not all verbs a created equal depending on the region they were made in.Singapore if you can get them or UAE.Too fast a burn speed can cause issues however i can only go by xgd2 as i no longer burn discs & i didn't fancy my chances on xdg3 by the comments on AD that were coming through & is one of the reasons i switched to jtag consoles

XGD3 are very common to have write errors even when using Verbatim's

That said, it's also possible that your DVD Drive's laser doesn't feel all that good anymore, over time it'll start to have problems, at first it's just a few discs maybe, but eventually it'll be every single one... sometimes they stop working entirely on any game... a good tests against the laser is to use a very damaged disc (one with lot's of scratches on it) if it reads that, it's likely not a problem with the laser :p

(one with lot's of scratches on it) if it reads that, it's likely not a problem with the laser :p

As tow mater would say "that's funny right there"