RealModScene
wedrinkritalin

Big First Question/You're my only hope

Okay, apologies for this being my first post as you lads must hate someone coming here just to ask for help. Got a few problems/queries.

First off, I'm living/working in China, I got an Xbox 360 here and it came with FSD installed. Problem is it's all in chinese, from what i've managed to figure out from the settings I can find the language section while the xbox is on but it doesn't actually change the language/anything to English. On the original xbox dashboard it's all in English but it would be really amazing if I could get FSD into english as well.

Secondly i'm totally new to changing my own xbox, a lot of my games are in Chinese, many aren't, Fifa 14 is which is annoying so I downloaded a torrent of Fifa 15 and have it on a usb but no idea what programs I need to then install it to the hard drive in the way i've been told I can.

Obviously the first issue of changing language is a lot more pressing and i'm wondering if anyone can give me a step by step (because i'm a moron) guide as to how it is I can change FSD to English as I feel it'll make part 2 and the future installation of any games a hell of a lot easier.

Cheers in advance for anyone who feels like helping me out. Immeadietly noticed the community here seems active and vibrant so getting this all working is pretty high on my to do list as I can really get the most out of this xbox if I can.

• Like 6

To change the language of FSD all you have to do is replace the skin

Hey man,

I also live in China and had the same problem. Just download a fresh FSD,

Go to skins in the new downloaded copy and put the default skin onto a USB.

Start up your chinese FSD, go to file manager and drop the skin from the USB into the skin folder in your chinese FSD directory (if its the same as mine was it was in apps)

maybe you will need to rename the skin file, but then you can just change the skin to the english one by selecting the new skin in the skin tab.

I thinks thats correct anyway! :ninja:

• Like 2

If you find after installing the new skin it reverts back to the chinese lang skin on the odd occasion,just create a folder called backup inside the skins folder & place it in there.Good time to download aurora as well & give that a whirl,use the home button at top of web page as aurora is the first article on it & download it from imbedded link.Good time to start reading through the tuts section & watch youtube vids on how to

• Like 1

Appreciate the help guys. Especially from cozmo but thing is figuring out how to even use file manager is a challenge as everything's in chinese, can anyone screenshot what it looks like/what options your controller has in the file manager section?

Do you have xex menu installed? Or are you able to connect your drive to your pc? Where your fsd is installed.

Download the original fsd from here and look for the default.xzp. The file structure is the same and you just exchange the old one with the new one you can do this with xex menu.

You could even use Aurora :) And maybe stay with it.

Got the language changed, cheers all, now it's just figuring out how to install stuff. Xbox doesn't seem to recognise my ntfs usb but does recognise the smaller fat32 one

Use filezilla you can then transfer stuff from the ntfs external with the pc through the network card.Check settings in fsd to set user name & password you wil most probaby need to checkbox ftp server as well in the same place,would pay to do the http one directly below as well this will allow easy connection if you need to use web browser more commonly known as WEBUI

EDIT:Under no circumstances attempt to convert an ntfs drive to fat32 unless you have a backup of all files,however corruption will more than likely occur,it's ok to convert from fat to ntfs even with files on the hard drive however any major changes like that require backup first

2tb is the max size hard drive that the 360 officially supports

• Like 1