RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
CAVO14

Black Ops II - Unable to Connect.

I've just got my jtag up and running about 2 weeks ago. I finally got around to trying to set up link successfully. I have a phat xbox and I connected my xbox to my computer via an ethernet cable. I'm using internet connection sharing. I've gone to my router's port forwarding section and decided to set start port at 1000 and end port to 10000 and the IP address the same as my desktop i have my xbox hooked up to, because someone said that it would remedy the issue. The xbox verify link comes up all passed. I can download cover art and FTP to my console. I also set up port forwarding under the advanced settings of internet connection sharing on windows 7. I can see the lobbies and the people to join, but I always get an unable to connect. I've tried GOD version and Disc version. I think i've done all I can do. Any suggestions? Oh I also have the latest kernel, dashlaunch, and avatar data. and I'm on title update 18 for COD: BO2.

• Like 9

I've tried selecting yellow and the white ones. the numbers in the top right for me are 44.0.-1 is that the same for yours? I've even tried boredlands and it still wouldn't let me connect but i can see the lobby. i don't understand it. it's quite frustrating. maybe it's because i'm using a shared network and not directly connected to the router?

I've tried selecting yellow and the white ones. the numbers in the top right for me are 44.0.-1 is that the same for yours? I've even tried boredlands and it still wouldn't let me connect but i can see the lobby. i don't understand it. it's quite frustrating. maybe it's because i'm using a shared network and not directly connected to the router?

If your network is too slow it'll not connect properly... you should also make certain you have the pingpatch enabled...

pingpatch is enabled devlink is disabled. fakelive is disabled as well if that has anything to do with it. i have a full strength signal to my computer and i have a 50mb/s download speed and like 25mb/s upload speed so i know i'm golden there. is it just hard in general to actually join a game with someone? I've tried like 20 different times with different lobbies.

• Like 1

I don't think this makes a difference either but i'm running Aurora 0.4b. I'm trying to provide as much info as i can

It shouldn't be terribly difficult to connect, however... when you're doing Wifi -> Computer -> internet you have to consider the fact that your computer has limited power, so does wifi, meaning you're alot less likely to be able to get stable connections with ppl for gaming over wifi then over cable, and even worse when it has to go from console to computer which might be doing other things at the same time...

yeah i'm useing my gameing computer to hook my xbox up to. i get 5 bars out of 5 and useing a tp-link something or another for wireless. but i guess if i can't get it to work the only option i have in my situation is getting one of those super expensive xbox 360 wifi dongles

can i use any old usb wireless adapter in my xbox? or is it like a router thing that hooks up to the network cable?

can i use any old usb wireless adapter in my xbox? or is it like a router thing that hooks up to the network cable?

It's essentially the same thing as a usb wifi dongle, however, it's specially designed for use with Xbox 360, it might work with just about any wifi that has the same chipset, but there are no guarantees...

• Like 1

yeah, actually i've solved my own problem. I switched it over to a network bridge which i avoided at first because it just didn't want to connect to the internet with the bridge. now its working awesomely. thanks for all the help though.

The internal Xbox 360 Slim Wifi Card uses a special connection, which is not from the plug (some Pins are diffrent), or electrically (Xbox Wifi Card uses 3.3v, USB 2.0 5v) a USB compliant. If you dont have special Wifi-USB Drivers, for the 360, you cant get running a normal Wifi USB Dongle on 360.

It's essentially the same thing as a usb wifi dongle, however, it's specially designed for use with Xbox 360, it might work with just about any wifi that has the same chipset, but there are no guarantees...

Actually, I looked into the reverse of this, so using my xbox wifi card on a computer, and while you can find drivers for the chipset, the firmware on the wifi cards is different so it doesnt work. I would assume the reverse, so using a pc wireless card with the xbox supported chipset on an xbox wouldnt work, because the firmware would be different.

Actually, I looked into the reverse of this, so using my xbox wifi card on a computer, and while you can find drivers for the chipset, the firmware on the wifi cards is different so it doesnt work. I would assume the reverse, so using a pc wireless card with the xbox supported chipset on an xbox wouldnt work, because the firmware would be different.

That i was thinking of aswell, and as you say, since it's using a custom FW it won't work as-is, however, if you can get hold of the firmware and flash it to a device with the correct chipset it doesn't matter if it's microsoft's official one or a custom one... however, there might be additional hardware on the microsoft one, this would explain the custom firmware...

• Like 1

What I do know is I have never seen a firmware you can flash to a similar wireless card to get it to work on an xbox, and since the drivers wont work, you cant get the computer to dump it. Which leaves hardware flashers, and since I dont know that much about electronics, other than the basics(such as reading schematics, and soldering, the basics of how it works), I dont even know where I would start to try and dump the firmware, so I could flash it to another card. If I knew how to do it, I probably would, get a bunch of usb wifi cards for cheap on ebay, and flash them for the 360, and sell them.