RealModScene

Hi guys. Tried updating the flash on my Samsung drive and everything was going well until the power shutoff during the write phase. I know I know, should have use a kit, but I actaully forgot to keep the av cables connected and that's why it shutoff. So anyways, now I can't access the drive at all. I've search hi and low on the Internet and found dosflash, iprep, mtkflash, and other ways to try and recover the dvd drive. I have the key for the drive, I just can't get it to recognize or respond. Every time I connect to windows it just freezes up until I disconnect the sata again. All the guides I see and tutorials for badflash are from several years ago. Is there anything new that I can use or do to recover the drive and write the flash for the MS25 drive to 2.01? Thanks

• Like 7

If you can't use it in windows, you have to use DOS (where dosflash and mtkflash comes into play)

• Like 1

I've tried all the dos application (dosflash, mtkflash, iprep, l-o-eras, etc) and nothing seems to connect to it. I follow the instructions for each a and nothing seems to communicate to the drive. When I start my pc it recognizes a bad bios and says press g to continue so I know it's connecting. It's just that the other dos applications are connecting.

When fixing issues it's best NOT to use your console as a power source, and don't have the drive powered on when you start the computer, power it on when you're in DOS...

The thing about samsungs is that they can be a bit of a pita when you've f*cked up... you could also find a replacement PCB... that'd probably be easier for you... samsungs are easy to replace the PCB :)

Got the new board in yesterday. Installed it, plugged up the drive to the computer and no luck, Ah but wait, I had to switch the port I was using on the SATA card and voila it worked. Back up and running. Great advice Swizzy. No I just have to update the dashboard via USB and game on. Thanks again

• Like 1