RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
rigbyscamaro89

Looking for CR3 rev C

looking for some cr3  chips if anyone has some laying around and willing to sell. I would like official products only no clones and prefer in the United States for shipping. Thanks guys lemme know what you got. ALSO if anyone know where I can still get these chips besides Modsupplier. please direct me that way.

• Like 6

You may have to go with clones. They are not bad but if that's what it comes down too.

Only if you are able to find a good clone, but how do you really know if it's good or not? ;)

Why not just use a CR4 XL? Those boot faster don't they?

They don't work with RGH1, only RGH2+/R-JTAG+, a finetuned RGH1 can be faster then RGH2+/R-JTAG+ or atleast more stable ;)

They don't work with RGH1, only RGH2+/R-JTAG+, a finetuned RGH1 can be faster then RGH2+/R-JTAG+ or atleast more stable ;)

Ahh I see. I don't really have any load issues with mine so the CR3's are first glitch loads? Mine usually does it in 2-3.

Ahh I see. I don't really have any load issues with mine so the CR3's are first glitch loads? Mine usually does it in 2-3.

They can be, but it depends on what hack you use, how you installed it and what motherboard it is...

for instance, Falcon is almost always 1 glitch boot with RGH1, but harder with RGH2/R-JTAG, Jasper can be finetuned to do the same aswell with RGH1... Zephyr i haven't done as much, but with enough tinkering you can probably do that there aswell...

Zephyr i haven't done as much, but with enough tinkering you can probably do that there aswell...

I have only read horror storys about zephyrs. The last zephyr i did was with CR4 chip, for a customer, and right after I got it to sort of boot consistantly the console died. :( got RROD 0022, and since I dont have the reball/reflow equipment, there was nothing I could do about it. I should mention it was a repair console, and I told the customer, just because of that and the fact it was a zephyr, it was probably going to happen sooner or later. I was hoping to get it out the door before it did though. I dont really care, as I still got payed, cause I told him it would probably happen, and after it did, he still insisted I install a demon. He clamed to have a friend who could reball,  but who knows if he ever did.

To the OP.

I think you would have better luck finding a cr4. RGH2+ will work on an rgh1 based console with no updates required, and has less wires to install. :) Boot times in my experience have been close to instant, if propperly configured. Unfortunatly, all of the stuff is getting harder to find, as credit card companys are dropping account with retailers telling them they are selling illegal hardware. :(

• Like 1

shitty part is most of my consoles are zephyrs, i do happen to have a jasper and a falcon though as well and those will prob be my target consoles although i need the zephyrs to glitch for dvd keys though.

I have only read horror storys about zephyrs. The last zephyr i did was with CR4 chip, for a customer, and right after I got it to sort of boot consistantly the console died. :( got RROD 0022, and since I dont have the reball/reflow equipment, there was nothing I could do about it. I should mention it was a repair console, and I told the customer, just because of that and the fact it was a zephyr, it was probably going to happen sooner or later. I was hoping to get it out the door before it did though. I dont really care, as I still got payed, cause I told him it would probably happen, and after it did, he still insisted I install a demon. He clamed to have a friend who could reball,  but who knows if he ever did.

To the OP.

I think you would have better luck finding a cr4. RGH2+ will work on an rgh1 based console with no updates required, and has less wires to install. :) Boot times in my experience have been close to instant, if propperly configured. Unfortunatly, all of the stuff is getting harder to find, as credit card companys are dropping account with retailers telling them they are selling illegal hardware. :(

Price always play a factor inprofit though and cr3 is cheaper than cr4 plyus all my consoles i think except one are gonna be rgh1. question for ya, Is it easier to do rgh2 on zephyr or rgh1 as I have heard mixed comments and dont have alot of experience with rgh. I was always a firmware modder but them dics got xpensive.