RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
beatbrot

LiNK and Black Ops 2

Hey guys :)

I have an issue with LiNK: I always see games in the black ops 2-menu. But if i try to join them, i have to wait very long and finally I get a blackscreen and shortly after that, the message: "Unable to join game session"

The check for LiNK in AUrora only gives me positive results. I also tried a Region-Free Version of BlackOps 2

Help would be nice :)

Ap9Hg.jpg

• Like 5

It's likely a connection problem, try rebooting your modem/router, see if that makes a difference, if not, contact your ISP and ask them to help you solve a problem with online gaming...

• Like 2

I have also had problems joining game sessions when the host was too far away. I would try joining other games, and see what I get. Advanced Warfare is getting alot of play on link lately, and I always find games on link for that game, especially the zombies. ;) Good luck.

Check your ports and ping.

The ports only really matter if you are hosting, when playing it's not as important... but, the OP has already stated that the tests pass (and that means that the ports are passing aswell, unless the OP don't consider them be part of the tests)

Ping doesn't really matter so much as you really can't check the Ping towards the host(s), you don't know their IP address nor do you know if their router will respond to a ping request and as such can't reliably check your ping, pinging google for instance will 9 out of 10 times give you good results, but... that doesn't mean your ping towards someone else is good aswell

• Like 2

The ports only really matter if you are hosting, when playing it's not as important... but, the OP has already stated that the tests pass (and that means that the ports are passing aswell, unless the OP don't consider them be part of the tests)

Ping doesn't really matter so much as you really can't check the Ping towards the host(s), you don't know their IP address nor do you know if their router will respond to a ping request and as such can't reliably check your ping, pinging google for instance will 9 out of 10 times give you good results, but... that doesn't mean your ping towards someone else is good aswell

Took what I was going to say, and made it sound better. :)

• Like 1

Patching Avatar? What do you mean by that?

BTW: I am on Kernel 2.0.17150.0

Edit: Added Screenshot in OP

Edited by beatbrot

He meant install the avatar data, it might also be related to DLC, do you have all possible DLC for the games?

No, but i have 2 of them..and i also tried to join in lobbies where i have the map installed. How can i check whether i have avatardata installed?

No, but i have 2 of them..and i also tried to join in lobbies where i have the map installed. How can i check whether i have avatardata installed?

Go out to the NXE dashboard and check if you have a guy there or a silhouette

Seems like everything is fine with avatar-data, right?

wDsgh.jpg

Yep, your avatar data is installed correctly :)

Have you solved your problem? If not i have a couple of suggestions. If you are useing a laptop or desktop to supply internet to your xbox use network sharing instead of internet connection sharing. also in your port settings on your router make it a range from 1000-10000 to see if that makes a difference. It did for me.

Have you solved your problem? If not i have a couple of suggestions. If you are useing a laptop or desktop to supply internet to your xbox use network sharing instead of internet connection sharing. also in your port settings on your router make it a range from 1000-10000 to see if that makes a difference. It did for me.

You really shouldn't open up ports not being used