RealModScene
gavin_darkglider

Emulators That work with Auroras Autolaunch Feature

@garvin_darkglider

Hi, first post here and while I'm waiting for my mod chips in order to enter the 360 homebrew scene I'd like to try to contribute with something.

I just a tad confused with the first post listing emus that supports the auto launch feature, it seem to mention 'mame 0.72', that's not accurate as of the latest discussion here?
Is there any other libretro-360 core that has got this treatment recently that I can cheat off of?

I'd love to at least have a look if I get some time, thanks!

7 hours ago, jacobsson said:

@garvin_darkglider

Hi, first post here and while I'm waiting for my mod chips in order to enter the 360 homebrew scene I'd like to try to contribute with something.

I just a tad confused with the first post listing emus that supports the auto launch feature, it seem to mention 'mame 0.72', that's not accurate as of the latest discussion here?
Is there any other libretro-360 core that has got this treatment recently that I can cheat off of?

I'd love to at least have a look if I get some time, thanks!

you are mistaken, the retroarch version of mame is .78, not mame .72..

you can google about the different mame versions, but yeah simply put; each mame version is specific, and they are not cumulative updates. mame 0.72 and mame 0.78 are completely different.

now, for a more polished version of this pack, i suggest using my build of these:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, felida said:

you are mistaken, the retroarch version of mame is .78, not mame .72..

you can google about the different mame versions, but yeah simply put; each mame version is specific, and they are not cumulative updates. mame 0.72 and mame 0.78 are completely different.

now, for a more polished version of this pack, i suggest using my build of these:

Always got to push your build. lol. That being said, I am curious where all of those cht files came from on github, because they werent there when I wrote the cheat manager. lol. There were like 4 cht files, and even then I had to figure reverse extrapolate the structure of the files, as 1 misplaced space broke the cheats. Took me a while to figure that out. lol. it kind of makes me wonder if someone used my cheat manager to generate those files. lol. Then again, when we were working on that DB of cheats, I dont recall adding Nintendo 64 support, as the core doesnt work on the xbox lol.

As for Mame 0.72, if I recall correctly, someone was updating that emulator to fix issues in certain games. I dont know if this was added to that version though. I do know that the original developer of the Xbox port of this emulator used that updated version when porting it to the Nintendo Switch, based upon an article on another site I read a couple of months ago(Cant link to it, as I dont remember where it was). I am fairly certain the code for that update was linked here on this forum somewhere, and if the person who was responsible for that update was inclined to add autolaunch support, then you are in luck. I havnt looked over the updates though, so I dont know. I would think that if this were the case, someone would have let me know, as I am some where on the fringes of the front lines of xbox360 hacking an news. lol. I say that not to take credit for stuff that I havnt done, but ask anyone on this site, and I have been in the thick of it for years, hince having moderator priveleges on this site and Xbox unity, and the absurd amounts of PM's I get. lol. Not complaining, as I am happy to help, but I really hate having to link people to guides I have written, on this site, because they dont know how to search. lol.

18 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Always got to push your build. lol. That being said, I am curious where all of those cht files came from on github, because they werent there when I wrote the cheat manager. lol. There were like 4 cht files, and even then I had to figure reverse extrapolate the structure of the files, as 1 misplaced space broke the cheats. Took me a while to figure that out. lol. it kind of makes me wonder if someone used my cheat manager to generate those files. lol. Then again, when we were working on that DB of cheats, I dont recall adding Nintendo 64 support, as the core doesnt work on the xbox lol..

Lol.. Well we can all agree my build is not broken like the original is. Analog is very useful instead of just the dpad, as well as the pleasing look of the shaders lmao..

But yeah I have no clue where the cht files came from.. I remember someone bringing it up, so I just included em lol.. 

Edit:

I did import the audio change in mame .78.. So technically that was an update to the core.. Hahaha

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone. I have read twice this thread but cant find HOW to do the romlaunching stuff from the aurora dash itself. 

Anybody has a tuto, or could elaborate?

Thx ahmgain for your work everyone!

21 hours ago, MKK hanzo said:

Hi everyone. I have read twice this thread but cant find HOW to do the romlaunching stuff from the aurora dash itself. 

Anybody has a tuto, or could elaborate?

Thx ahmgain for your work everyone!

Place the roms in the roms folder.. 

When you scan for the emulators.. You need to set the emulator for script data.

Then you press left on title updates iirc, and it should show rom browser, press a and the roms will show up.. Select yours and the rom will load

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 5:43 PM, felida said:

Place the roms in the roms folder.. 

When you scan for the emulators.. You need to set the emulator for script data.

Then you press left on title updates iirc, and it should show rom browser, press a and the roms will show up.. Select yours and the rom will load

Thank you very much as always!

Edit: kind of stuck at the "press left at title updates" part. On what screen should I do that? 

Edit 2: nevermind just did it!

5 hours ago, nictse said:

who has gbanext emu?

what would you need that specific emulator for??

17 hours ago, nictse said:

play gba games

there is a GBA emulator in these packs?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Draco Maxicellayer said:

Can add nintendo DS core I Have the cheat on them but not Have core where I can download?

Hey I have some question like thatvas well! If the core exists for PC, cant it be compiled for 360? 

I think can do this core name it to  default.xex it some things like nds_xdk360_xex? When I add the configuration pops up but not working?maybe it work for PC core to xbox360?

Edited by Draco Maxicellayer
Wrong type

Hi guys I am just trying out a modded 360 for the first time and I am still blown away by the possibility of having all sort of emulators on it. I was familiar with Retroarch already (using it on PC) so that's the most interesting option to me and the separated launchers per core by felida seems to be the most up to date option.

I am wondering. Do you have any tricks for easily find a rom that you play often. I mean, imagine that you have hundreds of roms for the Sega Genesis, but there are only 2 or 3 that you are recently playing the most or you want to come back to often, it takes time to find them each time scrolling through the big list. Retroarch in PC has a "history" tab that allows you to see the most recently played games. I think I saw this in the official retroarch 1.0.0.2 build for the 360 too but not in these improved builds by felida. Do you have a way to jump into your latest played or most favorite game for each system easily?