RealModScene
gavin_darkglider

Emulators That work with Auroras Autolaunch Feature

Simplest solution would be get a diff mobo?? Lol..

than i would have to sell my xbox and buy a new one...

and i would have to buy a used one and so i cant be sure how the previous owner took cre of it

than i would have to sell my xbox and buy a new one...

and i would have to buy a used one and so i cant be sure how the previous owner took cre of it

Well you expect someone to cater just to your wants? Could buy a n64.. And play that way? Ya know..

Or, you can learn how to code an write a GPU plugin for love64? There really isn't many devs out there. And not hardly any that will do it because you demand it.. Lol, plus look at n64 emu on PC.. That never got extremely far.. But there are some nice ones.. But Xbox nah.. Unless you hire someone, or code yourself.. Or try and figure out how to get it to work for your system.. As every other ones work.. Should've done your homework before blindly jumping into something..

Where's Thor's warning hammer? Lmao

• Like 1

I dont consider this spam, this was a legit question. maybe once xbox live is finished, more devs will come to the scene, and get this done. :) You never know. I do know it wont happen in the foreseeable future. :(

Well you expect someone to cater just to your wants? Could buy a n64.. And play that way? Ya know..

Or, you can learn how to code an write a GPU plugin for love64? There really isn't many devs out there. And not hardly any that will do it because you demand it.. Lol, plus look at n64 emu on PC.. That never got extremely far.. But there are some nice ones.. But Xbox nah.. Unless you hire someone, or code yourself.. Or try and figure out how to get it to work for your system.. As every other ones work.. Should've done your homework before blindly jumping into something..

Where's Thor's warning hammer? Lmao

i just asked man. i did not demand anything :cat:

i just asked man. i did not demand anything :cat:

I didn't mean you were gonna getnin trouble.. Was just trying to call Gavin to answer the question lol.. As he prolly got the joke.. But yeah man.. Best bet if you don't want to fork out for new mobo, use PC emu/buy an n64, and also.. It seemed like you were, as most do.. My apologies for insinuating your thoughts..

I dont consider this spam, this was a legit question. maybe once xbox live is finished, more devs will come to the scene, and get this done. :) You never know. I do know it wont happen in the foreseeable future. :(

Yeah.. And I didn't say it was spam.. Lmao.. I did say "warning hammer" not ban lol

Just read up on this topic, and I'm left disappointed. Some nice progress here, and then it just stalled out.

At the risk of going on a rant, this project (and many other homebrews like it) are all following the same tack: get started, get a taste, leave us hanging. It's disappointing how little development there's been for the Xbox 360 homebrew scene. I really wish I understood coding so I could contribute. 

I guess the best I can do is wait patiently, and see how much more comes up.

Just read up on this topic, and I'm left disappointed. Some nice progress here, and then it just stalled out.

At the risk of going on a rant, this project (and many other homebrews like it) are all following the same tack: get started, get a taste, leave us hanging. It's disappointing how little development there's been for the Xbox 360 homebrew scene. I really wish I understood coding so I could contribute. 

I guess the best I can do is wait patiently, and see how much more comes up.

Well, in this particular case it was more me not getting along with the main developers behind it all and got fed up with how they treated me...

• Like 1

Well, in this particular case it was more me not getting along with the main developers behind it all and got fed up with how they treated me...

Fair enough. I just wish there was more interest out there in homebrew programming for the 360 in general. It just seems like the Emulators arena is lacking. There are a couple of really nice ones, but there are still many that are unpolished or not working at all. 

Fair enough. I just wish there was more interest out there in homebrew programming for the 360 in general. It just seems like the Emulators arena is lacking. There are a couple of really nice ones, but there are still many that are unpolished or not working at all.

One of the biggest reasons for that is there are ALOT of ppl that only take, very few that appreciate the work that is put into it all... there's also alot of ppl that only complain about things that don't work...

It's homebrew, made by ppl that have other things to do in life then this, doing it just because it's somewhat fun... as a hobby... that's something that very few ppl seem to understand...

• Like 1

One of the biggest reasons for that is there are ALOT of ppl that only take, very few that appreciate the work that is put into it all... there's also alot of ppl that only complain about things that don't work...

It's homebrew, made by ppl that have other things to do in life then this, doing it just because it's somewhat fun... as a hobby... that's something that very few ppl seem to understand...

Oh I get it, and I appreciate the work that's being done. If I could offer anything of value to the efforts, I would. I'm merely sharing my observation that the homebrew development on the 360 seems to be lagging behind where other console homebrew is/was at 10 years in. Original Xbox, for example. I know, apples to oranges.

• Like 2

Oh I get it, and I appreciate the work that's being done. If I could offer anything of value to the efforts, I would. I'm merely sharing my observation that the homebrew development on the 360 seems to be lagging behind where other console homebrew is/was at 10 years in. Original Xbox, for example. I know, apples to oranges.

Well there's also this; The original Xbox had ALOT more ppl working with it, and it was x86, which is/was a common platform, it was easy to make emulators for it (in comparison to 360 which have PPC64 which is also Big Endian, alot of work to be done in order to make things work, there are a ton of emulators for x86 which is Little Endian by default... this means that there is alot of porting to be done in order to make it function properly... find every location where you need to do byteswapping (convert from Little Endian to Big Endian) and optimize things for PPC64 rather then x86

I searched and  not found this emulator here. 

https://mega.nz/#!xtcjRBoY!EMBRF1nneEhXtvQiF00uhZZbc3dsKD0A6yvbpKvrW6M

Version 2.0.8

that isn't what this thread is about.. it's not here because it isn't supported by Aurora's feature..

Edit: or i should say, that emu doesn't support Aurora's feature.. like the ones posted here..

• Like 2

Does anyone have any covers for these emulators? Or is there any way i can manually add some to my database??

Does anyone have any covers for these emulators? Or is there any way i can manually add some to my database??

use swizzys asset editor mate..
  • Like 2

Hi

I've tried to install this on my jtag xbox, it came up on aurora.

The game list and cheat also there.

But everytime i've tried to load the core (according to the help menu i'm supposed to load core and load content), it crash and goes back to dash.

Any help?

Thx

I have had that issue, load the roms from aurora, and it works perfectly. I would also look into felida's config files, as they fix some controller issues, and some color issues, due to shaders, and it is a lot easier to replace a config file, then it is to try and navigate through the menus. ;) good luck.

• Like 2

You dont reload the core.. lol the core is loaded upon loading the correct default.xex..

I have had that issue, load the roms from aurora, and it works perfectly. I would also look into felida's config files, as they fix some controller issues, and some color issues, due to shaders, and it is a lot easier to replace a config file, then it is to try and navigate through the menus. ;) good luck.

I thought in order to use cheats, you have to load the cheat first and then the rom. And there is no cheat option when you load the roms from aurora, but after playing around with the menus, i realized that you can use the cheats while in game by pressing both analog stick.

I have no issues now, both loading from aurora and the core works. The rom i've downloaded is probably corrupted.

Thank you, gavin.

Btw, nice work with the Cheat Manager.

Do you intend to update it?

• Like 2

You dont reload the core.. lol the core is loaded upon loading the correct default.xex..

Yes, apparently the help menu is for the official version. The core is the default.xex. Not like in the official version where you can load different cores. That's why it keeps crashing.

Thanks for the config file, felida. It really helps.