RealModScene
gavin_darkglider

Emulators That work with Auroras Autolaunch Feature

For those of you who didnt know about these already, Swizzy and MaesterRowen spent a decent amount of time fixing these, and getting them to work with aurora and I thought they should get a release thread. So Here it is.

All of these are Retroarch cores that have been available for a while, but these ones are all compatible with Aurora's Rom launching feature.

If you want more info on this, check out http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4642-aurora-integrated-emulators/

beetle-pce-fast-libretro -> TurboGrafx-16
beetle-vb-libretro -> Nintendo Virtual Boy
beetle-wswan-libretro -> Wonderswan emulator
fba-libretro -> Final burn alpha
gambatte-libretro -> Gameboy Color/Gameboy
Genesis-Plus-GX -> Sega Genesis
libretro-fceumm -> Nintendo
libretro-prboom -> Boom (Doom Engine)
mame2003-libretro -> Mame 0.78

mame2003-RA_Patched(Felida)-libretro -> Felida's experimental Mame 0.78  1.0.0.3 build with RA Sound Fixes. Fixes some games, but might cause issues with other games. 

nestopia -> Nintendo
nxengine-libretro -> Cave Story engine Clone
snes9x-next -> Super Nintendo
tyrquake -> Quake Engine
vba-next -> Gameboy Advanced

PcsxR360 2.1.1 -> Playstation 1

Download Link: Retroarch: https://www.sendspace.com/file/mlmk1h

Download Link: PXsxR360 2.1.1: https://mega.nz/#!71JTWRbB!oqDbrjw6-VlRxZKocEX6z0emXOKBXBdJxsjZZ-Hb6ZY

Download Link: mame2003-RA_Patched(Felida)-libretro: https://mega.nz/#!zEAQxRpT!h2z2iwXwBeEpQ0JC7NogCRREsc_dP-bzO_c9xnQ61cs

As more emulators that are aurora compatible arise, I will add them here.

Enjoy.

Here is an app that will help you easily create cheat files. Already has a decent database included. :)

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5032-cheat-manager-for-emulators/

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Would it be possible for the individual emulators create menus
With Cover and video preview display so that the necessary information and settings from an xml or an ini file and retrieved .
As was the case for example with the old XBOX .

Here are two examples might look like the whole

ini file

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_GJJewk5ig#t=26

xml file

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuAbSQDWve4#t=327

I am not sure what you are asking, but it is doubtful that you will get what you want. :( This is an unofficial version of retroarch, that was made because of the aurora rom launcher feature. Long story short, the phoenix devs added a nice feature to aurora that would let you choose a rom, and launch it in its emulator. Since the 360 homebrew scene is a bit lacking as far as developers, I asked swizzy if he would look into it, and he and maester rowen did. Asked swizzy the other day if he could look into the cht files for each core, so I could make a central database, and he said due to the attitude of the actual retroarch devs, he would no longer mess with it. So I think you are out of luck.

• Like 1

I am not sure what you are asking, but it is doubtful that you will get what you want. :( This is an unofficial version of retroarch, that was made because of the aurora rom launcher feature. Long story short, the phoenix devs added a nice feature to aurora that would let you choose a rom, and launch it in its emulator. Since the 360 homebrew scene is a bit lacking as far as developers, I asked swizzy if he would look into it, and he and maester rowen did. Asked swizzy the other day if he could look into the cht files for each core, so I could make a central database, and he said due to the attitude of the actual retroarch devs, he would no longer mess with it. So I think you are out of luck.

Yeah, i'm no longer going to support them, when i was insulted multiple times for my fixes of things in ways like me not following their "rules" or whatever (when i did EXACTLY the same thing they've been doing themselves) it's not fun... like, i did patches that followed the code that was already present, and i was told it was wrong or whatever... that's the kind of thing that push ppl like me away... they want more devs, they want the help... but... they won't accept patches that work and won't really work with others either...

Not to mention that they don't really check the patches i made (i made pull requests and sometimes it would take a few seconds and it was accepted), and Squarepusher had merged together the Xbox/PC DirectX driver without testing it properly, or checking it properly... that is where most the issues were that i helped fix (along with the XUI menu which had many retarded errors like setting up 6 variables and using only 2 of them to store actual data and using the other 4 for the display (without setting anything to them))

• Like 3

Figured out how to make the cheat function work. :) Will post cht files once I get them all organized, and a script I created that converts bsnes xml based cheat databases into .cht files that work with retroarch cores. For the most part it does as expected, but once it gets to a certain point it fails. :( Once I get the kinks worked out, I will make a database editor, that will sort the games, and cheats, and generate the cheat files for you. :)

• Like 1

Update.

Cheat manager in progress, Managed to write a script that imported cheats into sqlite database. Still waiting on a copy of visual studio to download, since I lost mine with my computer. :(

Also have some Ideas for sorting the cht files for you, mainly It will check sha256 of roms you have, and will sort them by extension, and mark that you have the rom, so you dont end up generating a ton of cheat files you dont have.

Will keep you posted. :)

Update.

Managed to create a working GUI, that loads information from database, and allows for some editing of cheats. Also sorted the database by system, and created a function that will scan your rom directories and determine which games you have. Function will also change System type, if the function determines that the system is different then what is in the database, it will update system info. Unfortunatly, it sorts by rom extension, not by checking the header, and the sha256sum of the rom.

It could be better, but from what I can tell it works, so I am not going to mess with it too much.

Cheat Manager Update.

So far it is going well, have most of the database functions done, which has proven to be a bit of a pain. lol. Have to finish that up, and then write functions to import/export cheat files. First version will probably only have the option to import/export bsnes xml, and retroarch. I want to finish up functionality before going in to dealing with file types from a dozen different emulators. That is going to take some work, because I have to go through the source of the emulators, as some of them save their cheats in a binary format. eg. SNES9x.

I also have it set up to modify the database automatically. So you change the text in the box, and it will change the value in the database. I have to change that, so people arent messing up their databases on accident.

just wanted to reply to tell Swizzy and MaesterRowan thanks for the hard work.. and sad to see this project being nixed cuz of them being dicks.. this really has fix majority of the issues i was having with the prior RArch version.. nice background and all.. just sad this wont be worked on.. love the cheat ability added that all 360 emus were lacking.. also maybe some help.. is there a way to get the analog stick to work? or just d-pad??

just wanted to reply to tell Swizzy and MaesterRowan thanks for the hard work.. and sad to see this project being nixed cuz of them being dicks.. this really has fix majority of the issues i was having with the prior RArch version.. nice background and all.. just sad this wont be worked on.. love the cheat ability added that all 360 emus were lacking.. also maybe some help.. is there a way to get the analog stick to work? or just d-pad??

It's part of the configuration...

I havnt tried it, but I would think so, you can change the controls, but they are set up for the retro pad, or what ever the retroarch controller is, so i cant really tell you what would be the thumbstick in the settings. I dont like the default button config. I think there are still some things the original devs should have done for the xbox version, like have their settings menu select with the a button, and not the b button. that always throws me off, or having gamma correction turned on by default.(it totally makes the games look purpleish and bright on my tv. Or the default controls for PRBoom. Since when does anyone use the y button for shooting. They should have mapped that to the trigger. But as swizzy said, while they have made an awesome emulator(For the most part), the forum is kinda crappy, as even the admins give bad info, more often then not, One of them did point me in the direction of some cheat file examples, but other then that, it was all it cant be done, one of them tried to tell me these Unofficial emulators didnt exist, and I had them for a month or so before I released them, and they were already in my other thread, but buried in like the 4th page, so unless you read it all you wouldnt find them. 

• Like 1

Well that was how it was back in like .9.6.. Analogs worked, but since 1.0.0.2.. Something changed.. Didn't know if someone worked it out

It cant hurt to try it, if you figure out what retropad buttons correspond to which buttons on the xbox controller, I will look into adding a feature that will let you configure controller configs for the xbox in the cheat manager.

Well that was how it was back in like .9.6.. Analogs worked, but since 1.0.0.2.. Something changed.. Didn't know if someone worked it out

I recall using the thumbstick with PRBoom or if it was Quake, however it didn't work 100% which i mentioned to SquarePusher...

Basically, delete your old configuration, boot the emulator, change the settings from defaults and it should hopefully work as expected...

• Like 1

i figured it out, it is in the options.. just had to tinker.. even had to remap the 2x speedup.. and figured out how to run the shaders.. only thing i couldn't figure out was how to get the history to load.. but that is negligible.. thanks again for the hard work and great release.. mind if i repack it and what not? with credit of course

also the joystick axis config is "up +1/dwn -1/left +0/right -0" (input_player1_up_axis = "+1")

that got the joystick to work in menus/games when i edited the conf file.. 

Finally - When choosing your cheat, you have to press activate cheats, otherwise no effect/and no visual acceptance.. might tinker with code toggle option and see if that is a diff approach..

i figured it out, it is in the options.. just had to tinker.. even had to remap the 2x speedup.. and figured out how to run the shaders.. only thing i couldn't figure out was how to get the history to load.. but that is negligible.. thanks again for the hard work and great release.. mind if i repack it and what not? with credit of course

also the joystick axis config is "up +1/dwn -1/left +0/right -0" (input_player1_up_axis = "+1")

that got the joystick to work in menus/games when i edited the conf file.. 

Finally - When choosing your cheat, you have to press activate cheats, otherwise no effect/and no visual acceptance.. might tinker with code toggle option and see if that is a diff approach..

Feel free, it doesn't matter much to me what you do with it

Just wanted to make sure it was cool.. And not piss someonenoff lol

Out of curiosity, What were you planning on changing in the repack. All I ask is that you dont add roms, or the cht files created by my app. If you want to repack it with modified config files, I am cool with that, as I know the gamma thing was a slight annoyance to me, but other than that feel free to do what you want as long as credit goes to all the people who worked on this and made it a reality, and you point them to the original version here. :)

i hope there will be an nintendo 64 emulator for aurora.

i really enjoy pokemon stadium 2, snowboard kids, mario party, super smash bros....

but sadly with the current emulator half of the games dont even boot on my corona motherboard :(

The nintendo 64 emulator would require a complete rewrite of the video plugin. :( Team Xelove had some promising stuff going on like 3 years ago, with Love64, but that team has been disolved for a while now. :( I have found the code they left behind, but most of it is junk according to swizzy. :( I have also tried getting a hold of the lead of that team, LoveMHZ, but he is never around, I have left messages on his blog, and everthing else. :( Last project I saw him working on was a OG Xbox emulator for the computer, so I think he left the xbox 360 behind him. :(

• Like 1

The nintendo 64 emulator would require a complete rewrite of the video plugin. :( Team Xelove had some promising stuff going on like 3 years ago, with Love64, but that team has been disolved for a while now. :( I have found the code they left behind, but most of it is junk according to swizzy. :( I have also tried getting a hold of the lead of that team, LoveMHZ, but he is never around, I have left messages on his blog, and everthing else. :( Last project I saw him working on was a OG Xbox emulator for the computer, so I think he left the xbox 360 behind him. :(

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

• Like 1

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Simplest solution would be get a diff mobo?? Lol..
  • Like 1