RealModScene
hungryducket

JTAG/RGH BOOT PROBLEMS! HELP PLEASE

Hi guys, 

I'm usually pretty savvy at fixing these problems myself but I've been searching forums for days looking for a solution that works for me and nothing! So any help is much appreciated.

The problem is as follows, My JTAG RGH (SLIM) turns on but will not boot. It won't boot with HDMI or any other input. The green light goes on, and the cool runner red light is on, but it won't kick in and start the bloody thing. Booting into Xell won't work. Weirdly for some reason every now and then the xbox  will boot and run properly. I have tried so hard to understand why, but it seems to just decide to work sometimes. Originally I assumed the xbox was broken and left it for months in storage, then one day plugged it back in, and for a short while much to my surprise it worked. My power brick and supply seems to be healthy. I try with and without internal HDD and external HDD yet it seems to have no effect. It truly seems a miraculous occurrence that it works very occasionally, but i would love to understand why and fix it. 

Thanks.

• Like 3

I had a set of Torx screwdrivers, but they got lost when I move house, So i'm unable to open the xbox at this point in time. It wasn't me who installed the chip, It was done for me, but by a very reputable dealer. I would have assumed that if it were a chip/soldering issue it wouldnt work flat out as opposed to occasionally? Or does this sound like a fairly typical soldering issue? 

It sounds like a system that doesnt want to glitch to me, but it could be a crap quality chip, or bad wire routing/lengths. Some boxes are harder to get consistant glitch times. Do you know what chip is in it?

It could also be that the adhesive keeping the chip in place is no good and the chip is no longer where it was to begin with...

Is there any chance its not the chip and its the nand or something?

Not really no, it'd be the patches in that case, and those haven't changed much...

• Like 1

Is there any chance its not the chip and its the nand or something?

Take it from some one who has installed RGH on more boxes then I can count. If it randomly boots at all it is not the nand image. the fact you say xecuter coolrunner that randomly stopped working, makes me think it is a clone chip, as I have never had a real coolrunner not glitch a system, even after a few years. There is also the thought that Swizzy had, and there is a bad connection because the chip moved, I have had this happen on my r-jtag jasper. Long story short, we are educationally speculating on the problem, as we cant see what is actually going on, or use any of the tools, like post monitoring with out actually having the box in front of us.

The lesson here is that when people are asking for help, and are asked to provide more info, like pictures, there is usually a reason.

• Like 1

Hi guys sorry to post on a old thread. But this is the same problem im having. It started out by shutting off randomly, i took it to the guy who jtag/rgh my xbox,he said it it was the faceplate that made the problem, it lasted say about 2weeks, then it shutdowns randomly or refuses to boot up.took it back again not sure what he did. Yet again it only lasted 2weeks, before it didn't want to boot at all. I gave up on it for a while! A week back i got the itch to play again i took my xbox to the same guy(only person i know who does this in our area) got it back and he said something about my timing was way out and he never seen such a thing he also said he reflashed it. Plugged it in and everything was fine, NEXT DAY it didn't want to boot up again only the green dot in the centre comes on with no display,red light comes om at the chip with green flashing...any help please!!!

post-42384-0-14398100-1457114443_thumb.jpg

Ask him to replace the chip with a new one as it's most likely a bad chip since it's sporadically working and then not working...

Thanks swizzy,will hear what he says, obviously not going to be for free and this is expensive by us

Probably not free yes, but my best guess is that the chip is the culprit, it's the one thing you haven't mentioned he'd try that i'd try very early in the process of checking this...