RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Shadman19

New member here looking for suggestions

Hello Forum

New member here looking for suggestions.

I have rgh 360. I installed xexmenu, dashlaunch, freestye dash 3 on a 250gb hdd about  18 months ago. I recently went to 1TB hdd and installed the same 3 aforementioned apps. I have 2 issues I can't figure out with this new 1TB hdd. Xbla game Bastion when placed on the 250 hdd fires up and plays but on the TB hdd it says "system update required" and starts freestyle again. 

The other issue is on 250 hdd by pushing the sign in button it brings up file brower option where I can start any game from here but the TB hdd doesn't have the file browser option therefore I have to quit the game and go back to freestyle to select and start up another game.

These are the 2 issues I'm having difficulties figuring out. I shouldn't have waited 18 months to configure the TB hdd. Thanks for suggestions

• Like 4

Is the drive internal, or external.

The system update message is because the new drive doesnt have the avatar/kinect data. You can google for instructions on fixing this.

As for the file browser, that is part of the Freestyle Plugin, which it appears isnt loading, so i would be checking to make sure it isnt disabled.

I would also suggest scrapping FSD, and switching to aurora. It is still being developed, loads faster, and is all around better then FSD.

• Like 1

Right on thanks. I just didn't know how to word that in google. I've been pouring through an ocean of material reading the wrong stuff. It's an internal TB hdd.

Download the Xbox 360  16547 Retail Dashboard, and install it to your Xbox 360. Then you have the avatars back again.

This is wrong. Working with RGH, retail dash doesnt matter, as freeboot probably isnt using that version.

the easy way to fix this problem:

1. Find out what kernel you are running, or what dash on your rgh.

2. download that version stock update from microsoft, or wherever.

3. extract that to a flash drive.

4. rename $SystemUpdate to $$ystemupdate

5. While running microsoft dash, insert flashdrive.

After that it should fix the problem.

• Like 1

Its not wrong.

Of course it matters what Retail Dashboard Version, I am installing over my RGH Dashboard Version. I have asked him in my latest posting, about

his currently installed Dashboard Version, and I had already realized that he has currently an RGH Image on his Xbox 360.

• Like 1

Its not wrong.

Of course it matters what Retail Dashboard Version, I am installing over my RGH Dashboard Version. I have asked him in my latest posting, about

his currently installed Dashboard Version, and I had already realized that he has currently an RGH Image on his Xbox 360.

How do you think the dashboard that was on it before it was rgh would make any difference after? I have set up jtag machines with 17150, and they were on retail dash 7371. It makes no difference for getting back your avatar data on your rgh machine, and getting rid of the system update required message.

Also should mention that by telling him/her to install the retail dashboard, if he/she was lucky he was using that kernel, as anything below that and the update would have bricked his/her rgh. anything after that, and it wouldnt install.

• Like 1

I think we're talking past each other.

It's still just a question of how he gets his avatars back. He is on 16547 RGH Dash, but he have no Avatars. I have wrote he should install the 16547 Retail Dashboard/Update, over his 16547 RGH Dashboard, to get his Avatars back. It could be I have not expressed myself clearly.

• Like 1

As i read Dr.Gonzo was clear enough. Gavin_darkglider told the same xD.

When you update your kernel on RGH with the image Builders, you dont update Avatar Data. Thats why you should install the rest of the data after the kernel flash. Thats the original update source. If you also have kinect you should do an update while its connected.

I also recommend to learn the easy guided update procedure linked above.

• Like 1

Hello Forum

New member here looking for suggestions.

I have rgh 360. I installed xexmenu, dashlaunch, freestye dash 3 on a 250gb hdd about  18 months ago. I recently went to 1TB hdd and installed the same 3 aforementioned apps. I have 2 issues I can't figure out with this new 1TB hdd. Xbla game Bastion when placed on the 250 hdd fires up and plays but on the TB hdd it says "system update required" and starts freestyle again. 

The other issue is on 250 hdd by pushing the sign in button it brings up file brower option where I can start any game from here but the TB hdd doesn't have the file browser option therefore I have to quit the game and go back to freestyle to select and start up another game.

These are the 2 issues I'm having difficulties figuring out. I shouldn't have waited 18 months to configure the TB hdd. Thanks for suggestions

Did you get the update done?

• Like 1