RealModScene
kaif

system link lag

Who were you talking too to say that you have significant lag when your online or what are you seeing onscreen that makes you think your lagging

I m new to systemlink and i m having lags in black ops2 is there any fix or something. Thx

There are 3 reasons ...

1. Either you have a bad internet

2. Either the server is far away from you

3. Either the server weak Internet

Are you using a cable or wireless? I would run a cable, you will get better results. If not using wireless, the host may be far enough away that the signal is bad.

It does not matter if a router is far, yes.

It does not matter if a router is far, yes.

I may be misunderstanding this what you are saying, so i will clarify what I was saying.

As of this time the best connection you can get with wireless on an xbox is a wireless N connection. Most people are still running G routers in their houses. Wireless G tech tops out at 54mbps. The cable runs a minimum of 10mbps. This doesnt include the amount of packets that the wireless connection drops, just because it is wireless. This can make major differences in game, as lost packets will cause a lag, and transfer speeds can cause a lag. also if the host is in china, and you are in the US, can also cause a lag, because system link was designed to play on the same network, so using VPN, which is what link is, can cause a lag if the xbox hosting the game is too far away. These are the main reasons of most lag issues. I guess on rare occasions an improperly configured router, or a crappy ISP can do this also, but it is not likely the problem here.

@gavin_darkglider i corrected a mistake in your post, minimum is 10mbit/s, maximum is 100mbit/s for the standards the Xbox 360 supports (it doesn't have gigabit!)

• Like 1

@gavin_darkglider i corrected a mistake in your post, minimum is 10mbit/s, maximum is 100mbit/s for the standards the Xbox 360 supports (it doesn't have gigabit!)

Thank you, stupid typos.

The Slim version has 300Mbits capability (n standart)

I still have 54Mbit used although my router has the capability too. Didnt look much further into it

Wifi is only 54mbit badly.

For Online Gaming is Wifi not my first choice. Sure Its fast enough (Wireless IEEE 802.11n), but it It may have a shaking Latency. This can be deadly, if you are playing shooters.

Didnt know that the technical latency is bad for fast responses. Thought it would show your ping lower. But yes you are right.

Wifi has to be encrypted and decrypted. Also external frequencies affect the quality.

Didnt know that the technical latency is bad for fast responses. Thought it would show your ping lower. But yes you are right.

Wifi has to be encrypted and decrypted. Also external frequencies affect the quality.

Wireless communication is also more likely to drop packets then wired... wireless can have interference by just someone walking between the device and the router or something else in the environment, wired connections don't have quite the same issues >_<

• Like 1

The Ping on Wifi depends on many factors. Quality of your used Wifi Equipment, Distance, number of active devices in your WLAN, jamming sources, other (neighbours) Wlan Networks and so on. Even if you have a perfect connection with your Wifi Equipment,, you'll never reach the ping of a cable connection.

• Like 1

hi admin....seems there is a bug(that is what i can come up with).....anytime somebody goes on the xboxunity web interface and join a room which is full up(32) and forcefully add himself everybody in that room looses connection.......can the admin do something about this issue please as it becomes very difficult to join back. this normally happens with call of duty bo2 and advance warefare.

@kwabynalive

I never noticed it. Its interesting. This may be the reason sometimes all people are disconnected.

hi admin....seems there is a bug(that is what i can come up with).....anytime somebody goes on the xboxunity web interface and join a room which is full up(32) and forcefully add himself everybody in that room looses connection.......can the admin do something about this issue please as it becomes very difficult to join back. this normally happens with call of duty bo2 and advance warefare.

This was supposed to have been fixed somewhat recently, are you telling me it still occurs?