RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Lightpost

Link Features

Greetings,

I've finally updated my FSD 3 to Rev 775 and tried setting up Link. The test failed so I didn't bother trying it or figuring out how to open ports on the router yet.

Next morning I tried playing Diablo III RoS when I noticed the new Guide Menu (Title Update already Downlaoded). I immediately checked out System Link and found the rooms with people in it and joined in.

For some reason, I can join someone else's Party even though the Link Tests failed last night. I tried my cousin's Crusader as he was already Level 60 (which was a requirement for me to be able to join the other party) and it connected!!! 

To my dismay, it turns out that there are Modded Rooms/Hacks can be used - my cousin's character ended up getting way too leveled up (Paragon Level 600+), which for some reason, weakened him even though I'm playing on the same difficulty. 

I am hoping that someone here can tell me if there's a way to see if the room/party/game I'll be joining is modded or not so I can avoid it. I tried creating my own room but it doesn't seem to work. 

Cheers!

Ah, I guess it needs real-time monitoring (which might be impossible with very limited people) or probably needs a complicated set of programs which might take more than a year to implement. 

Oh, we'll I guess I should only Link up when I feel like cheating/getting cheated!  :huh:

Thanks for the replies!

It's not so much that it's complicated etc.

It's the fact that if someone implements a way to see this, the cheaters will just disable it... remove the code or whatever... there's simply no real point in doing so as it takes quite a bit of time to make checks for it, and it takes only minutes to find and disable it for someone with experience in hacking the games...