RealModScene
tattitsa

what is proper fan speed?

auto is the original setting.i used to use fsd however i now use dashlaunch to set my speed by target temp of 50c admittedly it makes the fans noisy however a noisy fan is cheaper to replace than a console,there is an option to set speed manually like you did in fsd.If you search forum you'll find other members recommending to set target temps by using dashlaunch  whether by degrees or constant speed

• Like 2

now i set auto to 65 fan speed setting in FSD 3 .. that proper fan speed? i worry after my xbox 360 will damage

X-box 360 itself regulates the fan speed. Why change the speed?

Because the default settings make the machine go very hot ;)

because for me my cpu,gpu temperature is around 72.c .. since last week my xbox 360 is restart itself after play 30 min .. maybe overheating .. but after i change fan speed all ok .. my  temperature is go down to around 52.c

guys advice me .. its ok or not? i change fan speed setting auto to 65 because my xbox 360 slim is auto restart itself after playing 30 min . . but after i changed fan setting no more restart . . . that why i changed .. but i worry later my xbox 360 will get damage inside the things

Thx for this thread! I now remember I need to up my fan speed. ;)

I always played on automatic settings, but my console gets quite hot. Setting the fan speed to 65 will surely help towards a longer lifespan of the console, but I know... it makes a lot of noise. However, since a couple of weeks, I use a projector and surround system to play my games, so now I can turn up the fan speed settings without hearing the fan!

Thx for this thread! I now remember I need to up my fan speed. ;)

I always played on automatic settings, but my console gets quite hot. Setting the fan speed to 65 will surely help towards a longer lifespan of the console, but I know... it makes a lot of noise. However, since a couple of weeks, I use a projector and surround system to play my games, so now I can turn up the fan speed settings without hearing the fan!

change target temperatures instead, otherwise you limit fanspeed to a constant 65% which isn't all that good...

My temperature of my X-box 360 - 82 degrees, and never restarted.

Yeah, it normally doesn't shutdown when it gets hot, if it does it's an indicator that something is wrong with the console... but... if it works once you've changed the settings for the temperature... it's a solution to the problem i guess...

• Like 1

change target temperatures instead, otherwise you limit fanspeed to a constant 65% which isn't all that good...

Will do. I appreciate the advice, thanks!

ya . . i played 1 year with fan speed auto setting never restart .. my temperature is go around 75.c but ok .. since last week keep restart after playing 30 min .. i can't find any solution so i change auto setting to 65 .. after my xbox 360 is ok back ... what wrong? what is my problem exactly ?

ya . . i played 1 year with fan speed auto setting never restart .. my temperature is go around 75.c but ok .. since last week keep restart after playing 30 min .. i can't find any solution so i change auto setting to 65 .. after my xbox 360 is ok back ... what wrong? what is my problem exactly ?

Your problem is that one or more components around the cpu/gpu area is malfunctioning when it becomes warm...

I would recommend setting target temps rather then static speeds...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Setting target temp will allow fan to increase or decrease speed as required depending on surrounding room air temperature

• Like 1

@jeff why not turning to max when you cook something? Do you really need max?

w-what? well i set it to max to lower the temperature. i mean i dont see no harm in setting it to max.

w-what? well i set it to max to lower the temperature. i mean i dont see no harm in setting it to max.

Over time your fan will break faster then others ;)

Over time your fan will break faster then others ;)

ya .. i also worry my fan will break faster then other .. i think my speed setting 65 is ok ready .. right?

Your problem is that one or more components around the cpu/gpu area is malfunctioning when it becomes warm...

I would recommend setting target temps rather then static speeds...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

i not sure which part of things need to check .. i have no clue .. i better sent to service or still using custom fan speed setting?

ya .. i also worry my fan will break faster then other .. i think my speed setting 65 is ok ready .. right?

i not sure which part of things need to check .. i have no clue .. i better sent to service or still using custom fan speed setting?

The best would probably be sending it for service, to have that component(s) replaced as it'll eventually stop functioning completely... i'd recommend setting lower temperatures rather than static fanspeed...

The best would probably be sending it for service, to have that component(s) replaced as it'll eventually stop functioning completely... i'd recommend setting lower temperatures rather than static fanspeed...

but service is quite expansive here and i don't trust them .. what did u mean lower temperatures setting ? sorry for my bad english .

but service is quite expansive here and i don't trust them .. what did u mean lower temperatures setting ? sorry for my bad english .

Set target temperatures instead of changing fanspeed

So its recommended to lower the speed down? What about the cpu temperature?

I recommend setting target temperatures rather then setting static speed...