RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
ScouserInExile

(probably stupid) Installation questions

I have a 360 that is currently running fsd3. I think.

From what I can tell Aurora is the way forward as fsd3 isn't being supported anymore.

I'm going to give installing it a go, but have a couple of questions

1) if I install it from fsd, do I need to back up all my games first? Or will it just install Aurora and not touch anything else?

2) Do I then need to change something to get my 360 to boot to Aurora, or will this happen automatically?

3) I have a second hard drive, in its own caddy, that I'm wanting to fill with emulators and swap out as and when I want to play them rather than the 360 stuff on the current drive. I'm assuming I need to install Aurora on this drive as well? How do I do this?

It is simple, so i will go through this as easy as possible.

1. no, the games are stored seperatly, you will need to know your scan paths, as you will need to set them up in aurora also.

2. yes, you need to modify the default= line in launch.ini so it points to Aurora.xex eg: hdd:\aurora\Aurora.xex

3. yes you would need to install aurora on this drive as well, the process is the same, if there isnt anything on the drive, if you put a launch.ini on a flash drive with the aurora files, you can boot from that, then use the file manager to copy the files to the hdd.

• Like 1

3. yes you would need to install aurora on this drive as well, the process is the same, if there isnt anything on the drive, if you put a launch.ini on a flash drive with the aurora files, you can boot from that, then use the file manager to copy the files to the hdd.

But, it's recommended that you copy a second copy of it, or use a different filemanager (XEXMenu is what i use for instance)

• Like 1

I take it I'll need to edit the .ini file on a PC, then transfer it to the 360's hdd?

Yes, you can also use the Dashlaunch installer to reconfigure the ini :) just remember to save it if you use the installer (it doesn't save to devices automatically)

Not sure what you mean here?

You either have 2 copies of Aurora on your USB, one which you copy, and another which you use to gain access to the filemanager with, or you use XEXMenu or something else with a filemanager to copy Aurora... that way you don't end up with corrupted data due to files being in use while copying...

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

Is there a tutorial for this somewhere?

Not really no, it's such a basic operation that it doesn't really need a tutorial...