RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
omar walid

cant find any room

hello 

i am having a problem with my system link 

I am able to connect to "rooms" via System Link, but no games are found. 

my router is billion 5200w    i am using aurora 0.4b     i readed this thread http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/3998-system-link-udptcp-fail-despite-open-ports/

my settings are all done but i didnt do the port forwording on my router bc i dont work  when i do it  it say s

ERROR: An Error Was Detected On The Previous Page     HTML Item value: 3072

so plz if any one can help let me know sry i am very bad  about making thread so plz forgive me  and ty 

I would try either using uPnP, or setting up port forwarding with other ports, and adjust aurora accordingly. If you use UPNP, it will still fail the port check, but will still work, as long as your router has upnp enabled.

I would try either using uPnP, or setting up port forwarding with other ports, and adjust aurora accordingly. If you use UPNP, it will still fail the port check, but will still work, as long as your router has upnp enabled.

UPNP doesn't ALWAYS fail the tests, a good router will acknowledge the request and do automatic portforwarding for you, meaning the test will then pass... (for me i get a pass without manual portforwarding)

All of a sudden, a few of months ago i couldn't find any games in the rooms i entered... i didnt install/update anything new on my xbox, and for apparently no reason, i was unable to find games... I was able to play them on linkup before, and i didn't find anyone with similar problems on google or here...

After a lot of research and testing i found the problem and the solution for my case...
Someone updated or changed configuration on my modem and i had to input new ports for the xbox.
I had a couple of failures until i came up with this video on youtube:

It's in portuguese but i didn't find other links in english...
My router wasnt the same as the one in the video, but i found the proper tabs on mine and it worked!
Ports were on a value that i had to change to a "fake 1000/1001" port...

Hope i helped! =)

All of a sudden, a few of months ago i couldn't find any games in the rooms i entered... i didnt install/update anything new on my xbox, and for apparently no reason, i was unable to find games... I was able to play them on linkup before, and i didn't find anyone with similar problems on google or here...

After a lot of research and testing i found the problem and the solution for my case...

Someone updated or changed configuration on my modem and i had to input new ports for the xbox.

I had a couple of failures until i came up with this video on youtube:

It's in portuguese but i didn't find other links in english...

My router wasnt the same as the one in the video, but i found the proper tabs on mine and it worked!

Ports were on a value that i had to change to a "fake 1000/1001" port...

Hope i helped! =)

There's no such thing as "fake 1000/1001" port, the valid ports in your router is 1 - 65k something if memory serves me right... you can use any ports you like, although some are reserved for specific services and should be avoided (mostly the lower ranges)

It was most likely your ISP that updated your router if it was supplied by them, otherwise it was someone else in your family or so that did it to "fix" an issue...