RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Balanced

[Aurora] Avatar

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to show your avatar (from the currently logged-in user) on the left side of the game selection screen?

You still keep a good overview of the games and the avatar you've put a lot of time in isn't going to waste.

I think it brightens up your Dash ;-)

Possible options:

- turn the avatar on or off

- edit, create new, or switch the user / avatar

Thanks for your fantastic work on Aurora.

I'm new in Xbox 360 land and began experimenting with FSD, but when i started with Aurora i immediatly switched over.

for the most part no one cares about the avatars. I can honestly say that I havnt changed my avatar since I set up my xbox. If this gets added, and that is a big if, i wouldnt expect to see it in the next couple of versions. From what I can tell, before that happens, we will probably see the SMB server, webUI and plugin redesigned for aurora. That is alot of work already, and who knows what else might get thought up in the mean time.

Long story short, adding the avatar at this point with the options you are mentioning would involve coding all of that in, and I personally dont know how easy/hard that might be, but I would assume it would be a bit of a pain in the ass, and since it doesnt have any functionality like noises(which have also been asked for), i dont think the developers will do much with this idea anytime soon. I could be wrong, but I dont think so.

The thing is there are profile specific filters.

Its thumbnail could be shown in the upper left corner like on the xbox one.

It could help as you loose time to open and close the HUD for a reason.

having it shown might be added later on, but it won't be in 0.5b as we're right now finishing up the new stuff we've added, fixing up any major bugs etc. etc.

However, editing/creating the avatar isn't likely to come :/ sorry...

I realize it doesn't sound like this feature will be implemented anytime soon, if ever.  However, it would be a benefit on systems with more than one user account so as to readily know who's the active user and avoid the need to reboot when you accidentally start a game and realize it's not yours.

Regardless, nice front end - can't wait to see how it continues to develop.  Great work.

I realize it doesn't sound like this feature will be implemented anytime soon, if ever.  However, it would be a benefit on systems with more than one user account so as to readily know who's the active user and avoid the need to reboot when you accidentally start a game and realize it's not yours.

Regardless, nice front end - can't wait to see how it continues to develop.  Great work.

you do realize that you can log in/out of an account in game?

• Like 1

you do realize that you can log in/out of an account in game?

... And, you can check the logged in profile by just pressing the guide button...

Great theme. Avatar would be cool for the kids, but the icon in corner like xbox one would be sufficient if its decided to add.

Keep up the great work.