RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
ares0027

[Solved]Can't update from 3.0 to 3.04

I downloaded the 3.04 and extracted it to my usb over ftp, ran the xex through xex menu and got the error sayin "F3 just crashed" with 3 options; 1- restart F3, 2- Go to NXE, 3- Try to continue.

so i extracted it to hdd1 this time, and ran, same thing happened, i tried to run it from FSD File Manager (both hdd and usb) same thing happened.

I tried to use updater, went to settings > general settings > updates, and there was "0 New Updates" but when i press X i can see the changelog.

Right now i am downloading the F3Installer.iso (which i found on 3.0 topic) and i dont know what to do now, i will just check the iso and try to figure out something. And as you can see it clearly; i am a newbie on this rgh/jtag and especially FSD thing.

Any suggestions? (As you can see on added screenshot i can see the changelog but if you check the background it says 0 new updates found)

post-1223-0-60463700-1354158424_thumb.jpg

thanks for reply but i don't think it is updated. it still says rev58 and i still have Xlink Kai instead of Link

post-1223-0-78064200-1354165344_thumb.jpg

post-1223-0-25016900-1354165347_thumb.jpg

hmm, I assumed that because of the changelog, my mistake.

anyways, burn the installer.iso to a cd, or extract the files and transfer them to your hdd/run them off of usb.(default.xex) you can run it off of the file manager in fsd or xexmenu

if you need more help let me know, you can also just install it manually if you want to too

edit - sorry I am really tired, i guess i didn't read the entire thing.

just get the files to install it manually and replace your old f3 folder.

or you can make a new folder, then make sure to edit your launch.ini and point startup to the new version

I just replaced the old f3 but had problems, it wouldn't boot so I had to delete the entire f3 folder, then add the new one with xex menu

hmm, i assumed that because of the changelog, my mistake.

anyways, burn the installer.iso to a cd, or extract the files and transfer them to your hdd/run them off of usb.(default.xex) you can run it off of the file manager in fsd or xexmenu

if you need more help let me know, you can also just install it manually if you want to too

like i said when i launch the new default.xex over usb (or hdd it doesnt matter) i see the crash screen and simply i cant pass that. about the installer; i have downloaded the one from the old 3.0 release topic, is that the correct one? i think i have that installed already? (i didnt do the rgh myself, a guy did it...)

about manual install do you mean "copy/paste the new files over the existing fsd folder in my internal hdd" ?

edit: isn't there a risk to damage/corrupt the existing fsd?

post-1223-0-73345700-1354166139_thumb.jpg

yup, just copy and paste. if it gives you errors just use xexmenu to delete the whole freestyle folder, reboot, launch xexmenu again and add the new files.

make sure you use this version if you're installing it manually

• Like 1

yup, just copy and paste. if it gives you errors just use xexmenu to delete the whole freestyle folder, reboot, launch xexmenu again and add the new files.

make sure you use this version if you're installing it manually

thanks i am trying it right now. i will keep the post updated if anything happens (i hope i wont fuck it up entirely)

nah, don't worry you're not going to mess up you're xbox.

and about damaging the existing f3, sorry but you're going to have to redo all the settings/redownload covers. make sure to increase the fan speed, I didn't notice and had my xbox running for almost 2 hours without it.

thanks it did work :) I am ok with settings and covers (but it would be lovely to have them already though)

about fan speed; mine is set to auto do you think i should increase it? and to?

no problem. I think auto is what it normally does, I'm not sure, I have mine at 75 though

edit - you should be safe with auto, the fs3 devs know what they're doing.

• Like 1

thanks it did work :) I am ok with settings and covers (but it would be lovely to have them already though)

about fan speed; mine is set to auto do you think i should increase it? and to?

I increase my fans to 80, also I set my dashlaunch settings via the launch.ini and its much easier and garunteed

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I am really skeptical about that fan thing. But what do I know, I am the new one here. But I think "auto" is quite the right thing to set. What are your temperature readings guys?

I think it will lower the life expectancy of fan so a bad choice to raise the fan speed unnecessarily therefore it will damage the console.