RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.5b

when 0.5 is released? really need ConnectX in Aurora :)

It will be released when we're ready for the release

• Like 2

Well, where are you Aurora 0.5 b  :thumbup:

It's on it's way... you just have to be patient ;)

• Like 3

Who follow the multiplayer plugin? FSd team its off... Se can have more plugin release or not? I want ask the addiction of vigor2800g router upnp... Aurora team Can update LINK?

• Like 1

Who follow the multiplayer plugin? FSd team its off... Se can have more plugin release or not? I want ask the addiction of vigor2800g router upnp... Aurora team Can update LINK?

Not sure what you're asking exactly?

UPNP is a standard, if your router doesn't follow the standard, then it won't be supported...

Eventually there will be a Aurora plugin rather than us using the FSD plugin for LiNK...

Hi Everyone,

Greeting from the Philippines.

I never used Aurora because of the lack of features that the FSD have for a long time. For example, having tabs for different games categories. That is also the reasons why sometimes I keep wondering why do Phoenix need to create another dashboard from scratch and not making the FSD improve and added other features?

As what I can see. The Aurora is mimicing some if not all features in the FSD. Why not improve the FSD instead.

So things are already happened. We can't do things our ways.

But with new features coming in Aurora .05b, like the bridge to filters and folders. I will be using Aurora for the 1st time.

I hope it will be released soon enough. We all been waiting this since January 31.

Thanks Phoenix theme.

• Like 2

I never used Aurora because of the lack of features that the FSD have for a long time. For example, having tabs for different games categories. That is also the reasons why sometimes I keep wondering why do Phoenix need to create another dashboard from scratch and not making the FSD improve and added other features?

I can think of a couple of reasons to start over.

1. Half of teamFSD lost interest in the project, Team phoenix are the leftover(fo programmers from FSD.

2. It is alot harder to optimize buggy code, then it is to start over.

3. Aurora is built around simplicity, where FSD is more complicated with all of its extra features(Weather, Samba Server, etc.)

4. The only feature that was directly ported from FSD is the plugin, and that is because it is required for link, but it will be replaced in some future version.

5. It is harder to change the UI, then recreate it.

As an amateur programmer my self, I have restarted projects for some of these reasons. For example, I am working on my cheat manager app, Version 0.1a has been released, and is pinned in the homebrew section of this site. What it does currently is generate cheat files for retroarch, which is needed on the xbox 360, as the 360 version doesnt have an option to enter game genie/action replay/Gold Finger/Game Shark codes in the app. So now I have a database with over 2000 codes for 4 or 5 systems worth of games, but it only generates codes for one set of emulators.

If you follow the logic here, you would want it to export cheats for what ever emulator you are using. a little background on the app: It is written in VB.net, which doesnt really support C/C++ pointers, so if I want to create files for ex. Snes9x, which stores its codes as memory addresses in a binary file, and only allows for 22 character cheat descriptions. In order to create this file in VB.net, I would have to either rewrite the functions using VB, which is difficult, because native C functions like memmove() do not exist in VB, or create a C++ dll, and then have to use Pinvoke to call the function, which has a pointer to a structure as a non optional directive.

For those who dont know already, a pointer points to a memory address of a variable, instead of passing the value of the variable to a new private variable in the function, we pass the memory address, and let the dll use the structure we created in vb, so that way when the dll is finished we can pick up our filled in structure in VB. This has proven to be difficult with VB.net 2010, and I keep getting corrupted memory issues after it calls the dll.

Which brings me to the next solution. Create a new "Wrapper" File structure that doesnt use functions that dont have a VB.net function that does the same thing, and then sending/receiving that filetype from a console c++ app that loads the binary cht file and reads it into a file, then using that file to fill the database, or export to that file, and load it in to the wrapper app to create the proper cht file format.

Now back to the topic, I am having these issues, and my app is nothing compared to aurora, or FSD.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot RMS Junior. That clears my mind.

Hoping you release the .05 soon. I can't wait to try it.

Not my name, but ok, and if you havnt noticed, I am a moderator here, so someone somewhere thinks i know my stuff, even if my post count is low, as they just dont let anyone moderate. ;)  I started on the TX forums, and over there I have over 2000 posts helping people. :)

• Like 4

Not my name, but ok, and if you havnt noticed, I am a moderator here, so someone somewhere thinks i know my stuff, even if my post count is low, as they just dont let anyone moderate. ;)  I started on the TX forums, and over there I have over 2000 posts helping people. :)

hahaha. sorry gavin_darkglider for mistaken the name.

so when is the release date?

hahaha. sorry gavin_darkglider for mistaken the name.

so when is the release date?

Of Aurora 0.5b? when we're ready... not a second before that...

Basically, the team has got alot to do in real life right now, so we're pushing this forward until things have calmed down a little so we can do a good release rather then just throwing it out and have lot's of ppl with random issues we can't help them with etc.

It seems pretty stable now, more stable then it was when we originally planned to release it... so, it's mostly us wanting to make sure things don't blow up...

• Like 2

Of Aurora 0.5b? when we're ready... not a second before that...

Basically, the team has got alot to do in real life right now, so we're pushing this forward until things have calmed down a little so we can do a good release rather then just throwing it out and have lot's of ppl with random issues we can't help them with etc.

It seems pretty stable now, more stable then it was when we originally planned to release it... so, it's mostly us wanting to make sure things don't blow up...

Any chance of adding the avatar, the weather and the temp info in the future releases? I will miss that in Aurora.

Any chance of adding the avatar, the weather and the temp info in the future releases? I will miss that in Aurora.

Avatar is something we were thinking of adding, but it's not high priority...

There was also a plan to add support for widgets which would let users expand the interface/aurora further with what you're asking for, temps and weather for instance...

• Like 1

Avatar is something we were thinking of adding, but it's not high priority...

There was also a plan to add support for widgets which would let users expand the interface/aurora further with what you're asking for, temps and weather for instance...

Wow. That made us so excited.

Wow. That made us so excited.

Keep in mind tho, this will take some time before it's developed, there are a ton of things to be done with Aurora, and this isn't a high priority thing...

• Like 1

Ok I just got back to the states so what have I missed is any word when this is comming out not tryn to read all the post thanx.

The same as always; when it's/we're ready ;)

Ok just making sure I never missed anything thanx.

Well, when it's released you'll either notice on your console by it telling you there's an update available (if it's connected to the internet)

Or you'll see it on the front page (or just in this section as Released...)

• Like 1

So when 5b is released will it be able to just upgrade through the update feature in Aurora? or will I have to just copy over the binaries? Also its a shame that more people that can code aren't onboard like a repo-based Stable / nightly build but totally understandable. If I knew C+ and Python well enough to do anything with I'd help out.

So when 5b is released will it be able to just upgrade through the update feature in Aurora? or will I have to just copy over the binaries? Also its a shame that more people that can code aren't onboard like a repo-based Stable / nightly build but totally understandable. If I knew C+ and Python well enough to do anything with I'd help out.

It will be installable using the updater =)

• Like 1

Please release the new revision asap. I can't wait to try it out. :thumbup:

just because you are impatient, doesnt mean it will get released any sooner. it will be released when the devs think it is ready.

• Like 1