RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.5b

I see maybe its dead

Yes, like MaesterRowen said, you're the ONLY one that won't get this update :)

• Like 1

Aurora v0.5b - Released! [Anti-zil0484 version] [emoji14]

----------------------------------

Anyway, we all want to see the new features (specially the filters tabs :3), but I think the devs are trying to make the release most stable, bug free and with more features as possible, so doing this is no needed to release a tons of versions and hotfixes, and that is good too for themers, so they dont need to keep keep updating after any alteration that Aurora do (althroug I dont think this is the real motive).

I think that is it, correct me if I am wrong. :)

• Like 4

Aurora v0.5b - Released! [Anti-zil0484 version] [emoji14]

----------------------------------

Anyway, we all want to see the new features (specially the filters tabs :3), but I think the devs are trying to make the release most stable, bug free and with more features as possible, so doing this is no needed to release a tons of versions and hotfixes, and that is good too for themers, so they dont need to keep keep updating after any alteration that Aurora do (althroug I dont think this is the real motive).

I think that is it, correct me if I am wrong. :)

Yeah, we want Aurora to be as stable as possible, every new feature that's added causes bugs... those bugs we have to fix, sure... we could release a new version every couple of weeks with minor changes, but... that's not how these things work, you don't see big companies releasing new versions every week with a minor bugfix or new feature, they almost always accumulate some changes before making a release, the exception is like windows which have updates every week, but that's not major updates, they're minor updates for parts of the system...

• Like 2

well there are some programs like dolphin, kodi or scummvm with stable version, and unestable beta, but yes, you are right, if now people complain about nothing, I can´t imagine if aurora delete games, freezes etc and can confuse people who will still using beta version when stable is released.

May I suggest a feature that there will be a proper support for HFS+ mounted USB drives? Seems I have to delete the DB on each reboot (which takes ages btw) and then re-add every title again :/

May I suggest a feature that there will be a proper support for HFS+ mounted USB drives? Seems I have to delete the DB on each reboot (which takes ages btw) and then re-add every title again :/

HFS support isnt in aurora, it is in the kernel, so the fix would fall on microsoft. I would suggest formatting the drive with fat32.

Really? How come I can read the HDD and the games then? Magic?

Because the support is in the kernel from microsoft. Aurora has nothing to do with what file systems the xbox will mount, or how it mounts them.

Yes, I know it won't work as for writing - but that still doesn't explain why it has "reset" the DB on each run... It still reads the HDD from the exact same USB port, and so goes for the directories....

To be honest, I'm not sure how M$ can fix that particular issue...

Yes, I know it won't work as for writing - but that still doesn't explain why it has "reset" the DB on each run... It still reads the HDD from the exact same USB port, and so goes for the directories....

To be honest, I'm not sure how M$ can fix that particular issue...

Maybe the DeviceID changes between boots? if that's the case, there isn't much we can do about it, as Aurora doesn't know what the underlying filesystem is and thus will assume the device is new (never seen before)

• Like 1

Be patient, these people are making a great new dash for the 360 for free, some of the posts on here remind me of this saying:

"No good deed goes unpunished!" - Clare Boothe Luce

• Like 1

hi, you think put back options to remove games, and put cover offline via http

Put back? it's already there...

Covers offline will come eventually... there are other more important things we're working on right now...

• Like 1

I am working in console service in Poland and a few times tested Aurora and I follow this development from the beginning. Missing a few functions to replace fsd. Many of my customers come to fix console as we all know how. Many of customers are prisoners which have no access to internet. Even those who actively use it do not connect internet to console. This raises the question:

There will be offline version of Aurora?

Going forward...

You plan to add some new functionality in the future to Aurora which all are awaiting? For example web browser, ntfs support, iso support. You do some steps in this direction as a reverse engineering employment or plan to be only a graphic overlay with filters for the file manager like now?

There will be a feature to change covers offline, there'll not be a Web Browser integrated, there also won't ever come NTFS support (just not possible, as it requires a kernel replacement or similar at runtime to do it) ISO support isn't coming either due to a similar reason (none of the supported file systems support the size of the iso files)

• Like 1

guys thanks for your great job and always keep us updated, as I have read in many forums to most gamers (including me) would like them is: watch the trailers and screenshots of the games in full screen will that be I mean? more or less as seen in the skin fsd3 Metro dbz .It would also be put to the browser and music sound input  ... .Thanks.

Very happy to hear about the update although the current is working great! I will update as soon as it is available. Donation heading your way this week.

Thank you!

• Like 1

I think thats an xdk feature.

It would be interesting as a game plugin.

Dunno if it already exists. It would even be better if it gets integrated to the aurora plugin with show and hide options.

• Like 1

how can anyone make that would be in aurora showed fps?[/size]

It's a debug overlay :)