RealModScene
chrisxr

Cover download vs. FSD

Hi.

I've been using FSD for a while now, but have recently made a switch to Aurora (which looks great by the way!) but I am having trouble with cover downloading.

Covers are downloading alright, but some are refusing to appear, even though I have managed to auto-download them on FSD with no trouble. An example of this is Football Genius. Cover downloads fine on FSD, but on Aurora it remains blank. Synopsis does get populated though.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong, or if I can manually add covers to these titles?

~ Chris.

• Like 3

Can you verify that the TitleID displayed in Aurora is a match to what's seen on xboxunity.net?

TitleID is 584109B1 both on my system and on the unity site. However, I notice that Unity has no covers. I would therefore not expect a cover to download...however one DID download on FSD. I don't know how I can get the same cover to download on Aurora - where did the FSD one come from.

~ Chris.

TitleID is 584109B1 both on my system and on the unity site. However, I notice that Unity has no covers. I would therefore not expect a cover to download...however one DID download on FSD. I don't know how I can get the same cover to download on Aurora - where did the FSD one come from.

~ Chris.

I have no idea, what you can do is upload the cover to unity, i'll approve it for you if it follows the guidelines/rules which i'm sure it probably is...

Sounds like a plan. I'll have a look at the remaining games that don't seem to have covers and I'll grab them from my FSD images.

Thanks for your help.

Sounds like a plan. I'll have a look at the remaining games that don't seem to have covers and I'll grab them from my FSD images.

Thanks for your help.

Upload them as you're done, i'll approve them within 24h most likely, i do check the site quite often, mostly within a 24h period of time

Looking at FSD, it only has a front cover, and not a FULL cover (front and back). Might this be the issue?

Does Unity only accept covers with a created rear view?

Looking at FSD, it only has a front cover, and not a FULL cover (front and back). Might this be the issue?

Does Unity only accept covers with a created rear view?

Unity only accept full size covers (900x600), and that'd explain it... the cover probably comes from xbox.com =)

That is corret

Unity only accept full size covers (900x600), and that'd explain it... the cover probably comes from xbox.com =)

That is correct- in FSD- if a cover does not exist on XboxUnity, it will download a front cover from Xbox.com and build a full cover.   This concept has been abandoned in Aurora- as its far too taxing on the system and is part of what causes choppiness in FSD.  

We opted to rely strictly on XboxUnity as that benefits everyone two ways-  (1) it makes Aurora less choppy and run more fluently, and (2) it encourages people to upload missing covers to XboxUnity where then everyone can download those covers.

Do you ever see the availability of an option to attach your own cover to each title rather than strictly relying on XboxUnity?

The example I raise is that the only cover I have for some titles is of too low quality for XboxUnity (which is fair enough - not everyone would want low-quality downloads), but I would still like to be able to add it to my own collection.

Do you ever see the availability of an option to attach your own cover to each title rather than strictly relying on XboxUnity?

The example I raise is that the only cover I have for some titles is of too low quality for XboxUnity (which is fair enough - not everyone would want low-quality downloads), but I would still like to be able to add it to my own collection.

Eventually you'll be able to replace covers manually using the webui

• Like 1

Sounds good. Looking over the software, that might be the only feature left that would convince to me to move to Aurora as the main software.

Eventually you'll be able to replace covers manually using the webui

is this available yet or must wait future updates? 

is this available yet or must wait future updates?

Eventually means it's not available at this time but will be later on... it's been 2 weeks since i said that, has there been a update released since? no!

• Like 1

there is an xbox marketplace tab with download button in settings menu, which, i assume, should download missing assets(including covers aka boxarts) from the oficial xbox marketplace. but for me it does nothing at all. am i wrong about its functionality?

there is an xbox marketplace tab with download button in settings menu, which, i assume, should download missing assets(including covers aka boxarts) from the oficial xbox marketplace. but for me it does nothing at all. am i wrong about its functionality?

It doesn't download covers from xbox.com, it does however download banners, icons and game information from there... but only if you have "livestrong" disabled in dashlaunch