RealModScene
hansolo77

Issues I'm Having

Just curious if theres anybody else out there having these issues. So I'm putting them down here so you all can chime in and possibly provide me some solutions...

1) Loss of Dolby Digital. Prior to the new F3 dash, whenever I would load up the X-Box (Jasper 256mb via HDMI) it would boot into the FSD 2 dash and be in Dolby Digital Surround. Ever since upgrading to F3, my X-Box now just goes into Stereo. If I go to the official dash (Metro?) it says it's in Dolby Digital, but won't output that way until I switch it first to Digital Stereo then back to Dolby Digital. I'm not sure what the issue here is. It's like F3 isn't handling the passthrough and is instead downmixing.

2) Loss of Network/Internet Connectivity. This has happened in the latest beta that brought LiNK and the new web interface. I have my X-Box set with a static IP address so my router could be properly configured for port forwarding. In the past, the X-Box would boot up and everything would be connected and able to download updates/etc with no problem. Now when I boot up, it just sits there. F3 reports it has the same IP address, but there is no activity; updates don't download and the weather plugin gets N/A data. I can get around this by exiting back to the official dash (Metro?) and then doublechecking the static settings and then it works by testing the PC connection. When I then return to F3, everything suddenly works, downloading weather data and missing art/etc. Again, I'm not sure what could be causing this. It might have something to do with the new LiNK or web interface, although I'm not sure how. In fact, I noticed when I first installed this latest beta, my default IP address settings had reverted back to an Automatic Assign setting, which kept me from connecting to the router altogether. This isn't a MAJOR issue, since I don't do a lot of online stuff, but it's annoying when you get a new game on the drive and then have to go through all the steps before you can download artwork.

Both of these issues are directly related to F3, whereas the 2nd one is more to do with the latest update. I really like F3 and don't want to downgrade back to an earlier version to settle these issues. Has anybody else noticed or experienced similar problems? What can I do to fix these aside from my workarounds? Is this maybe just a true -bug- that needs looked at by the devs for a new version?

Thans for your time, and thanks a lot to the devs for building such an awesome interface!

Hey, just curious. You posted in my other thread, where I'm having a similar issue. So I came over to read yours. I notice you say

"when I first installed this latest beta, my default IP address settings had reverted back to an Automatic Assign setting, which kept me from connecting to the router altogether."

Is my default IP address setting not supposed to be on automatic? If not, what is it supposed to be on?

I've tried messing with the settings...I try testing the connection to the PC, and it works great. Even so, when go back to F3, it doesn't have an effect on whether things download...they still just sit there at the bottom.

But maybe my settings are wrong.

Thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

It depends on what kind of setup you have. If your router supports UPnP, you might not need to have a static IP address since the xbox configures the stuff for you. However, I find it's much easier to diagnose issues when you have a static IP address set. When it's set by you, then you can configure your port forwarding manually. If you try to set it manually while having an automatic IP, your IP address might change and then your port forwarding changes are no longer correct because they're sending the data to a different IP than your xbox. Sorry that's a long winded round-about way to explain it, but thats just how it is. In layman's terms.. if your router supports UPnP, configure you xbox to use automatic IP, if it doesn't then you need to assign a specific IP and then manually configure the port forwarding.