RealModScene
mondoman22

Xbox 360 Xbmc Dream or Perhaps Reality

Hey Guys,

I thought I might post this and see what any dev's think of it.. I have been around the hack scene for a long time..

as in Green screens Vax's Primes etc etc and x.25 packet switching networks.. I got really big into Fta.. Free to air..

Well of course I am a big fan of Xbmc Now known as "Kodi" I have done alot of stuff in linux with the Old Cw4k box

and xbmc Along with vdr etc.. My question is this... Why has not anyone picked up the torch and try to port xbmc/kodi

onto a 360.. I know the have it for the original xbox.. Its such a shame that A Media System as good as a Jtagged/Rgh'ed

360 be left out in the cold without xbmc.. Alot of my buddies who i have rgh'ed their consoles often ask me why can't it

run xbmc??? I often wondered that myself.. It can handle it surely but I guess because of Microminds. Ahem Soft.. The original

xbmc gang said screw it because of them changing the hardware and such.. I just find it a shame that i have to use a media

center or an android tv stick to watch xbmc when i have a perfectly wonderful xbox that can support it... I tried running a version

for the orginal 360 in compatibility mode on it but of course the tu fails.. Non Compatible.. Its just a shame... I was just wondering

if anyone has picked up on this or has perhaps maybe someone has ported it and needs help with it.  Just something in the back

of my head and i don't want to waste anyones time with it but just wondering because xbmc would add so much more to the

360 it would be sick.. Especially since the 360 is drm compliant you can hook a silicon dust tuner to it and off you go... Like i said

just wondering... Anyways Thanks for reading this...

You all have a good one and Thanks to all the Dev's that keep the rgh alive and kicking

Tony

• Like 1

It wasn't so much the changing of the hardware, the original guys got told that if they let Xbox 360 be they'd ignore the original xbox version...

That and not alot of ppl know PPC64 ASM which is kinda required for porting some of this shit in a optimized manor making it work properly...

• Like 1

Hey Swizzy,

Thanks Bro Appreciate the reply Long time Fan man Since my first jtag which i still have 2005xenon hehehe Yep still running hehehe...

Anyways Appreciate the Insight brother Thank you for the input... Just such a shame espcially with all the streaming stuff going on and I hate

just hate going to this little android stick arghhhh... Lol...

Have a Good one!

Tony

Yes I did I dabbled with it.. and Its alot of work for sure no question about that...Its evil to say the least... Wondering if it would be easier

to use compatibility mode with xbmc 3.5 for the original xbox... Hmmm Interesting... Maybe perhaps Plex... Just wish i could turn it into

an all in one without using a windows media center server.. Would like it to be standalone.. But something i guess i will dabble with But thank

you guys anyways Its appreciated...

Tony

You could always use xmplayer in xell, I dont think it works with the network, or you could always run any dlna service, and stream your videos through microsoft video viewer.

• Like 1

You could always use xmplayer in xell, I dont think it works with the network, or you could always run any dlna service, and stream your videos through microsoft video viewer.

Thank you. I appreciate the answer. Actually I built three media centers 2 out of old captiveworks fta linux recievers Using them with wmc and silicon dust

dlna prime 3 tuner and xbmc or should i say Kodi running underneath The wmc takes care of my dlna Prime tuner so the cable card channels are streamed

through ethernet as well as the xbmc stuff.. I have a couple of 3188 rockchip android sticks quadcore running kodi as well.. Only reason I was wondering about

this was because the xbox 360 is such a good piece of hardware and the graphics abilities are there.. Just sucks it can't run good old xbmc well it can

with a HELL of alot of work and cursing and swearing and other things coming to mind as well. Lol.

Tony

The hacked xbox emulator does start xbmc but of course it doesnt work with any features.

Which hacked emulator are you referring to, I do dabble in python and what not. You got my attention If there is a way i can make 3.5

work with the emulator i might be able to play around and see what i can do with it... Perhaps point me in the right direction i would love

to see if i could get this working in my spare time. It would be a blast...

Thank you

Tony

Which hacked emulator are you referring to, I do dabble in python and what not. You got my attention If there is a way i can make 3.5

work with the emulator i might be able to play around and see what i can do with it... Perhaps point me in the right direction i would love

to see if i could get this working in my spare time. It would be a blast...

Thank you

Tony

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/35-how-to-play-xbox1-games-on-your-jtagrgh/

• Like 1

Thanks Swizzy I got that installed already.. When i tried the xbmc for xbox version 3.5 it said incompatible. However all my xbox original games

play without a problem.. I think it has to do with the title. Grrrr heheh... But thank you Bro Its appreciated..

Tony