RealModScene
lopertyur

Aurora restarts when you eject the CD while you are playing

Care to explain what you mean? normally when you open the tray in a game it'll exit the game... that's because most games are on CD/DVD... and why would you even open the tray if you don't want to switch games or whatever?

If this problem occurs when you're using Aurora it should probably be corrected... but... if that's not the case... well... then you'll just have to live with it as it's normal...

• Like 1

This seems quite normal indeed. When you unload the game disc from a retail console, the NXE dash will boot again.

• Like 1

for example, is placed on the disc tray GTAV but you're playing guitar hero, which is copied to the xbox when you eject the cd to remove gtv5, aurora restarts... 
that does not happen in a normal xbox, i guess

for example, is placed on the disc tray GTAV but you're playing guitar hero, which is copied to the xbox when you eject the cd to remove gtv5, aurora restarts... 

that does not happen in a normal xbox, i guess

Ok, so you're thinking games don't exit when you eject a disc with a different game? i can tell you, it's EXACTLY what it does... And, since you have aurora as autoboot it'll boot into that and not into NXE...

Ok, so you're thinking games don't exit when you eject a disc with a different game? i can tell you, it's EXACTLY what it does... And, since you have aurora as autoboot it'll boot into that and not into NXE...

you're wrong, I just try extracting a cd while playing a game installed on the hard disk of an original xbox, and not restarted. AURORA and FS3 restarts, this is a BUG, a problem... what do you say about it?

you're wrong, I just try extracting a cd while playing a game installed on the hard disk of an original xbox, and not restarted. AURORA and FS3 restarts, this is a BUG, a problem... what do you say about it?

I'm not wrong, once you've started the game Aurora/FSD is no longer running... maybe it's different if you do a NXE install? i don't know... haven't checked that... either way... it's NOT a bug in F3/Aurora...

Whether or not the title space is rebooted when you eject the tray comes down to a flag in the currently running title. Titles such as aurora, official dash or even xexmenu have this flag set so they don't exit when you eject the disk tray - its even possible titles from the marketplace (GoD or XBLA) may have this flag added.

All said though, nxe installs were designed to use the disk still (mostly to verify 1disk to 1console installs, as well as give AP2.5 responses) so ejecting the disk would in effect deauth the nxe install, and iso2god are basically the same thing that is on the disk but nothing really tells the game that it is not on a disk so it would act like a disk.

Any which way you cut it though, unless the installed game specifically is set to ignore disk tray eject its going to exit when you eject the tray - this is by design in the OS. Dash launch is a great place to solve such minor annoyances, perhaps this flag can be spoofed on any title that isn't running from a disk (but at the risk of breaking things like autoplay on disk insert.)

• Like 1