RealModScene
ScouserInExile

XBLA games duplicating

Not sure if this is an fsd issue or not, but thought I'd ask in here anyway.

For some reason, when I go into my arcade folder (I'm using a DOC Emmett Brown skin if that makes any difference) all my xbla games are duplicating multiple times. I have 15 games on my hard drive, but it's saying I have 60. Clicking on any of the duplicates launches the game as normal, but it's still annoying. Any ideas why this might be happening and how I sort it?

Use file manager or look at the hdd you have them backed up on usin windows,open one of the games that appears multiple times,keep opening any sub folders till you get to the actual file that is the game,if its GOD type it will look sorta like this 367899564433356 is there another file just like it below but different number perhaps even 1 digit longer as in below (note same numbers except for last digit

the reason is you have a PAL & NTSC game in the same folder most likely because you downloaded off a torrent,there may even be a folder in the same place as the two games above with duplicates of those games,The only other reason i can think of having dupes is to do with mucking around with scan paths without deleting the original database first

No its not weird it happens with mine if i set 360 to auto scan on startup,if you leave the 360 alone while it does it's thing you'll find it will show covers as they should be once its finished refreshing,however auto boot scan sux especially for large game lists it can freeze the 360 if you start scrolling games or whatever

For some reason, when I go into my arcade folder (I'm using a DOC Emmett Brown skin if that makes any difference) all my xbla games are duplicating multiple times. I have 15 games on my hard drive, but it's saying I have 60. Clicking on any of the duplicates launches the game as normal, but it's still annoying. Any ideas why this might be happening and how I sort it?

Hey, I see what's happening. You're using the RT Dash Skin, correct? Lem'me know. I think i know how to fix this up.

It appears that every time you rescan for content it is adding everything to the database again. I would suggest switching to aurora. Never had any issue like this with it, and it is still being developed, so you are much more likely to get any issue you run in to fixed in the future. If it is a problem with fsd, it will never get fixed, as FSD is a dead project.

• Like 1

The solution that comes to me on top of my head is simply as following:

1) Select the game that is the duplicate (like hover over it in FSD)

2) Press the "Y" button on the Controller

3) Scroll to "Move Game" and Select

4) A new pop-up window will come-up. 

5) Move the highlight (cursor) to "No Section" or something along the lines of Hidden or empty or no section.

6) Do the process to all the duplicates

7) Done!

-----

Let me know how it went!