RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Mith

Can't connect RGH to internet (Unity)

I have a problem connecting my RGH to Unity.

I had everything set up correctly (including static Xbox 360 IP and correct forwarded ports), and could download covers, TUs, and play games on System LiNK for about a year without problems.

Now I moved into a new appartment and I had to get my own ISP. I got the same ISP as I had used before, but in the meantime they updated their router and webUI. My RGH is connected to the wireless network without problems. I'm now trying to set up ports on the new router so my RGH can access Unity, but I can't get it to work at all. As I said, I've done this before without problems, but it seems like I'm a newbie once more. :blushing:

Here is a screenshot of my ports, and of course, I manually set a static IP on my RGH of 192.168.1.5 to match it, and set the data port and broadcast port in Aurora to 1000 and 1001 (I also switched them around, but no luck), and enabled everything possible:

ports_zps4e0df4c2.png

Could someone please help me solve this? I would be very grateful! ;)

(To make it clear: I can't access the internet whatsoever. This means that when booting the date is always set back to Tue. 22 Nov, 2005, even though I'm connected to my network (wired or wireless, doesn't matter).)

Does the internet work with your other devices? Also, I have found that using wireless with link is spotty. for example I can usually join the rooms fine, and then it is spotty with finding games, and then when I actually find a game, I either get connection errors, or it works fine for a bit, then I loose the connection. The cable is definitely the way to go if you ask me. :)

• Like 2

Does the internet work with your other devices? Also, I have found that using wireless with link is spotty. for example I can usually join the rooms fine, and then it is spotty with finding games, and then when I actually find a game, I either get connection errors, or it works fine for a bit, then I loose the connection. The cable is definitely the way to go if you ask me. :)

Thanks for helping!

I also have a retail console which connects to the internet just fine and I can access Xbox Live with it on the same wireless connection. I have tried a wired connection for my RGH before making this topic, but the problem remains the same: no internet.

(Btw, I used to play over wireless all the time, and my wireless connection is now much better and the router sits right next to the console.)

just fyi ports are for fsd plugin in aurora, more specifically for link, you don't need to forward ports for aurora to use it... check your network settings in original dash, and check your router and see if your xbox is actually connected to wifi...

one more fun fact, you don't really need to forward ports for link if you only connect to other people games, you only need it to host games...

• Like 1

just fyi ports are for fsd plugin in aurora, more specifically for link, you don't need to forward ports for aurora to use it... check your network settings in original dash, and check your router and see if your xbox is actually connected to wifi...

one more fun fact, you don't really need to forward ports for link if you only connect to other people games, you only need it to host games...

Thx for the reply!

The RGH console is connected to the router. I checked with both wifi and ethernet cable, and the console shows up in the router's webUI. Problem persists: no internet for my RGH.

Thx for the reply!

The RGH console is connected to the router. I checked with both wifi and ethernet cable, and the console shows up in the router's webUI. Problem persists: no internet for my RGH.

Check the DNS settings, set them to:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4 (this is googles DNS)

• Like 1

I did that already... yesterday, but without success.

However, wonderfully, for whatever reason, God only knows... I booted up my console just now, and bam: "aurora update available". I now have internet connection. And yes... I haven't yet updated to 0.4b. Shame on me. Update in progress - topic closed. 

Thx everyone for your support.

Thanks a lot mate i can finally truely enjoy my jtagged xbox to the full extent of it's capacities

months ago i tried to get my console running on the internet(to get the game covers with aurora) and just gave up now all my games have covers thx to your message

thx also for the kernel update guide this saved me some money :thumbup: