RealModScene
Nilabh Tiwari

RGH freezes after disc swap (FSD)

I am trying to run Mass Effect 2. Using Free Style Dash 3 rev775. The disc swaps automatically but the console completely freezes when loading the game. I'm not using swap.xex (Actually never even downloaded that plugin). The autoswap function is also off. (Using Dashlaunch 3.14). I tried this with both ISO extracts and GOD container. Both the discs show up in the game list as well. I don't have any other multi disc games, so can't tell about other titles. I've recreated the GOD containers several times, and copied them over, but to no avail. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Does it happen no matter which disc you start? if so; it's probably something with your gamesave or the transfer of the gamedata...

I transferred using a usb flash drive. Should I try FTP?

FTP is a somewhat common culprit, if using the wrong settings with the client it might end up corrupting the data during the transfer (mainly if the client decides to do ASCII transfer instead of binary, this means 7 of 8 bits will be transferred each time, the 8:th bit is lost)

I guess you have the same problem when launching disc 1 and disc 2?

Not really, the game works fine if there's no disc swapping involved. What I did was this :

I launched disc 2.

Then I selected new game option.

I am asked to insert disc 1.

It automatically switches.

Then I try to launch the game and it freezes, and I have to unplug the power adapter to turn it off

(P.S.- The game does launch if I select new game option by loading disc 1)

I haven't really reached to the point where it asks me to change the disc 1 to disc 2.

I just wanna ensure that the MultiDisc plugin works  before I start playing the game.

it should work, altough... if memory serves me right you can continue story on disc2 in mass effect2 even if you left off on disc1 (it should save before you need to switch and then you can switch to disc2 and it'll continue playing)

• Like 1

it should work, altough... if memory serves me right you can continue story on disc2 in mass effect2 even if you left off on disc1 (it should save before you need to switch and then you can switch to disc2 and it'll continue playing)

I was kinda hopin the same. Hope it works. Thanx

I read that with ME2 and ME3 for RGH/Jtag you can merge the two discs into one. This might be a solution to circumvent your problem, because there will be no disc swapping required. Let me know if it worked or not! ;) Good luck.

You could get the already merged game from here:

http://www.xbox360iso.com/showthread.php?t=651472&highlight=mass+effect 

or you can try merging the discs yourself using this method: 

Mass Effect 2: Saves 3.1 GB. 

Copy Disc 1 over Disc 2 select yes to overwrite files & folders. Game may prompt about swaps, just say yes and it will continue going.

Mass Effect 3: Saves 3.6 GB. 
Copy Disc 2 files over Disc 1 select yes to overwrite files & folders. Game may prompt about swaps, just say yes and it will continue going.

source:
http://www.xbox360iso.com/tutorial-how-merge-t580305.html
  • Like 1

I read that with ME2 and ME3 for RGH/Jtag you can merge the two discs into one. This might be a solution to circumvent your problem, because there will be no disc swapping required. Let me know if it worked or not! ;) Good luck.

You could get the already merged game from here:

http://www.xbox360iso.com/showthread.php?t=651472&highlight=mass+effect 

or you can try merging the discs yourself using this method: 

Mass Effect 2: Saves 3.1 GB. 

Copy Disc 1 over Disc 2 select yes to overwrite files & folders. Game may prompt about swaps, just say yes and it will continue going.

Mass Effect 3: Saves 3.6 GB. 
Copy Disc 2 files over Disc 1 select yes to overwrite files & folders. Game may prompt about swaps, just say yes and it will continue going.

source:
http://www.xbox360iso.com/tutorial-how-merge-t580305.html

Didn't really try your method, but after reading extensively on the xbox360iso.com forums, it seems that new game would only start when you launch it from disc 1 and not launching disc 2 and then swapping. I guess so what I'm experiencing is normal. Thanks for your post anyway

Now this is interesting. I enabled Dashlaunch's autoswap in behavior section and it swaps the disc flawlessly with both Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. But you need to make sure you haven't opened FreeStyleDash even once before launching the game through Microsoft official dashboard. I guess the FSD plugin is still loaded even after exiting FreeStyleDash.

Now this is interesting. I enabled Dashlaunch's autoswap in behavior section and it swaps the disc flawlessly with both Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. But you need to make sure you haven't opened FreeStyleDash even once before launching the game through Microsoft official dashboard. I guess the FSD plugin is still loaded even after exiting FreeStyleDash.

Yeah, the FSD plugin is still loaded... you can however unload it...

The FSD plugin will handle the swapping if the folders are named correctly. eg. hdd1:\\games\mass effect 2\disc1,disc2,etc

if you name the folders like this, and disable the autoswap feature in dashlaunch, and remove swap.xex as a plugin in dashlainch if should work. Swap.xex uses folders named disk1,disk2, etc so that is probably the problem you are having if it works with dashlaunvh swap.xex. I am fairly certain that the swap.xex messes with fsd plugin for this.

The FSD plugin will handle the swapping if the folders are named correctly. eg. hdd1:\\games\mass effect 2\disc1,disc2,etc

if you name the folders like this, and disable the autoswap feature in dashlaunch, and remove swap.xex as a plugin in dashlainch if should work. Swap.xex uses folders named disk1,disk2, etc so that is probably the problem you are having if it works with dashlaunvh swap.xex. I am fairly certain that the swap.xex messes with fsd plugin for this.

Actually, swap.xex doesn't have any auto... it uses a multi.ini text file telling it where each disc is... swap.xex doesn't mess with FSD... however, the Dashlaunch feature does... (autoswap=true)

• Like 1

Never used swap.xex, as I never had an issue with the autoswap feature of the FSD plugin, it works great for me.. I thought swap.xex was required with dashlaunch autoswap option.

Never used swap.xex, as I never had an issue with the autoswap feature of the FSD plugin, it works great for me.. I thought swap.xex was required with dashlaunch autoswap option.

So you mean to say that FSD works correctly even after you launch the wrong disc like launching Mass Effect 2 Disc 2 and then selecting the new game option?

So you mean to say that FSD works correctly even after you launch the wrong disc like launching Mass Effect 2 Disc 2 and then selecting the new game option?

He's probably referring more in general then game specific...