RealModScene
RGHModdedXName

Request Newer Linux OS's

Hi I see you can boot Ubuntu 10.10 from Xell Reloaded which is pretty awesome however 10.10 is getting very old now and so I was wondering if there would be anyway of booting newer versions of Ubuntu, Mint, Backtrack, etc.

Is there some way to do it now?

If not would anyone be able to convert a newer version of Ubuntu like 12, 13, or 14 to work on a Jtag or RGH Console?

Thanks.

• Like 1

In theory, as long as you have an xbox compatable kernel you can use it with any version of linux. With the newer versions of ubuntu, I would think it would be slow as hell. you would also need to copy the modules for that kernel, but other than that a PPC built version of the latest ubuntu should work, for the most part.

If that would be the case it would be always updated by someone.

Well, it needs to be PPC compiled, and it needs to have some 360 specific drivers... but, all of it is available on github... nobody with the knowledge really cares about Xbox 360 that's why nobody updates it

• Like 2

Seriously. This libxenon stuff had to be pushed harder.

I read somewhere it does not have full access to the cpu but its still faster more powerful than xdk because it is free from the operating system. Why wouldnt it have full access?

In the past Libxenon was locked to 700MHZ, and there was only one core available. But that's a long time ago. Al Cores are can be used directly, with full clock speed.

• Like 1

Seriously. This libxenon stuff had to be pushed harder.

I read somewhere it does not have full access to the cpu but its still faster more powerful than xdk because it is free from the operating system. Why wouldnt it have full access?

The previous issues was that not all cores were brought up, it's part of the initialization code... if you don't send the correct signals to the processor it'll not run at full speed obviously...

• Like 1

could somebody help me please? when i run xell i got stuck on loading..

Can you explain more? Is it looping through various options? Is it starting to load something then stops? If the later, what are you trying to load? And where are you trying to load it from?

Also, what version of xell do you have installed?

Sent from my SM-G903F

Can you explain more? Is it looping through various options? Is it starting to load something then stops? If the later, what are you trying to load? And where are you trying to load it from?

Also, what version of xell do you have installed?

Sent from my SM-G903F

hey Swizzy,its was stuck on loading elf files first time its just fine but the it stuck on loading elf files under the execute file...!!!

i try to load ubuntu on my rgh,i was using xell reloade 0.993 with trinity rgh2

one more question,are runing ubuntu 10.10 on rgh wipe the hdd heres a pic+