RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Dreams of Sanity

Pinball FX 2 Fatal Crash - JTAG

Hi all, hope I'm posting this is in the right place...

I have a problem with my JTAG I need help with.

I've had my JTAG for about 3 years, and it's worked pretty much perfectly since I got it.  For the last couple months I've really gotten into the XBLA game Pinball FX 2, and all I've done with my xbox for the last couple months is turn it on, play PFX2 and turn it off when I'm done - no updates or anything else that I think may have caused any problems, except maybe for this - a couple weeks ago I put some mp3s on my external and started listening to them instead of the in-game music, and I was listening to those mp3s when the problem started - I only mention this because when I browse to my music folder to play the music, it takes 4 minutes to read the 100 songs I have in the folder, and another 4 minutes from when I select "Play All" before the music actually starts playing, which seems abnormally long, so there may be some kind of issue there.  The music is on the same 2TB external HDD that I keep my X360 games on, but all my XBLA games are on the internal drive, which has been upgraded to a 1TB Western Digital Scorpio Blue.

Here's the problem:

While playing the game, it suddenly crashed (Fatal Crash Intercepted by F3).  I think it crashed when exiting a game to the main menu, but it may have been when I was at the main menu switching to a new table, can't quite remember now.  Since then, every time I try to run the game, it loads up just fine to the title screen, but when I press A to go to the main menu, I get the Fatal Crash Intercepted message and it boots back to F3.  I have lots of games, so I didn't check them all, but I checked several other games, XBLA and X360 and it seems only Pinball FX 2 crashes.

Here's what I tried:

- Deleted all title updates and re-downloaded the latest through Freestyle
- Cleared cache through nxe or metro or whatever it is
- Deleted all files in cache manually through ftp (There were 37 files in here, clearing the cache through nxe/metro did not remove any of them)
- Tried to run the game from nxe/metro
- Deleted the 58410A23 folder from my profile to remove any possibly corrupt saves
- Updated dash to 17150
- Updated DashLaunch to 3.13 (Running the Installer did not seem to install though, it just seemed to launch DashLaunch, and I'm not sure if I'm actually running 3.13 now or if I'm still on 3.08, which I was on before the problem started.)
- Deleted the 58410A23 folder from 00000000, removing the game and all dlc, rescanned with Freestyle, re-downloaded the game and latest TU, rescanned
- Installed Aurora 0.4b, but same result

Here is my X360 info:

Falcon (v3.0) | CB: 5770 | NAND: 16MB | SB Revision: 0 | Bad Blocks: 0
F3 Rev. 775

I have spent hours reading this and other forums, but have not read any tips other than what I have already tried.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's not FSD that's catching that exception... it's Dashlaunch...

And Dashlaunch 3.13 doesn't support 17150... 3.14 does... are you sure you're running 3.13 and not 3.14?

In anycase, it's pretty difficult to tell you what exactly is causing the crash... it's possible that when you transferred the game it got corrupted... it's also possible that you need a TU for the game for it to work on the newer kernel versions...

Or perhaps the avatar data, do you have that installed for 17150?

I was on DashLaunch 3.08 when the game first crashed, and on kernel 16547.  I only updated the kernel and DashLaunch after the game first crashed, in an effort to fix the problem.  Like I said, I upgraded to DashLaunch 3.13, but when I ran the installer for it, it did not seem to install, it just launched DashLaunch 3.13, but I don't know if 3.13 or 3.08 are loading at boot, and I don't know how to tell, but either way, the problem started while using DashLaunch 3.08 on kernel 16547.

I transferred the game about 2 years ago, and it has worked flawlessly for that whole time until that recent crash.  It was after it started crashing that I re-downloaded the game.

Yes, I installed the avatars for 17150

I am using the latest TU and I deleted it and re-downloaded it through Freestyle, unless you think PFX needs a new title update since 17150 was released, but the problem started before updating anything at all.  Like I said, I have done nothing in the way of updating anything for months, just play the game and turn the xbox off, except for the music thing.  Does the music loading times seem odd to you?  My external HDD is fine, I play X360 games off it all the time, and have never experienced long load times.

It does seem a little odd, but depending on how much data you've got on it, and how long ago you did a defrag it might be normal...

I have installed DashLaunch 3.14 then xex menu error fatal crash intercepted ?

Dashboard 16747.

How is that related? make your own thread in the Dashlaunch section yes?

Hi!

I have the same problem with this game. I have a solution that worked for me: create a new profile and the game will start from the new profile, of course all of your highscore is lost. I hope this works for you too!