RealModScene
burak

[Aurora] Cleaning up database

After scanning content for new items it would be great if Aurora could scan for missing content (like deleted games in official dash). Than, if something is missing just delete that entry form our database. It would save some time for people for whom official dash is more suitable for checking and deleting unnecessary or unwanted games/dlcs.

• Like 1

I think the best would be to implement it be part of the scan, like a internal flag "exists" or something which it sets to true if found, then when it's done it deletes/removes all entries not found on the device specified of course (we don't want it to remove entries from harddrives not attached)

Yes, of course we don't want to remove entries that might be located on USB drives, etc.

About being part of a scan. I think it should depend on how fast it will be. If it would take more time than a scan itself, I think it shouldn't be part of a scan and more of a another button on paths menu maybe? It's because the scan shouldn't take more time than needed. I don't think that deleting content is being done on daily basis. At least I'm not doing it regularly but when needed.

And you have autoscan enabled? that's what causes a scan to happen on startup...

It'll obviously make the scan take longer time, but... it'll not be 2x the time it takes to do a scan unless you removed the entire library and it has to rebuild everything from there or something like that...

Yes, I do have autoscan enabled on startup.

I don't have any clue how long it could take to clean up the database. I leave to to professionals ;) If this will be something worth having in Aurora, will be great.

I like this idea.

For people who wanna have a clean and tidy up system some other cleaning functions should be integrated.

Like that you can delete savegames,screenshots,Tu/DLC and so on. An that from a good accessable menu with a good overview too.

Its annoying when you have to switch between xxx thousand folders NXE and Aurora itself to clear all related stuff.

But also this as extended feature so you can decide if you want to delete or wanna left some things

* Edit

ups .. tahts already suggested

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4987-aurora-extend-removing-options/?hl=deleted