RealModScene
Yarin Bar Nachum

Connecting my XBOX to the internet.

Hello guys.

I previously manaed easily to connect my XBOX to the internet. It was like half a year ago, since then I got my XBOX RGH'ed, and now I'm trying to connect it and I just can't.

I'm using an ethernet cable. Connecting it directly from my XBOX to the modem. The XBOX recgonize it, and in the test it goes like this:

XBOX -- V --- Network ---- X --- Internet --- LIVE

For some reason, the internet won't connect.

So I tried to connect to the internet through my laptop. I connected the ehternet cable from my XBOX to my laptop, configured it as I was told in the tutorials (sharing and all that stuff), the XBOX recognize it aswell but it won't connect.

I am really tired of this...

Thank you.

That is normal, when your xbox checks for internet it tries to connect to Xbox Live servers which are blocked by Dashlaunch by default... if you disable liveblock it'll connect to them and you should get a All Is OK

How do I disable it?

launch.ini or the dashlaunch installer... but why would you want to disable it? even if this check fails you probably do have internet access...

Couldn't you just check your I.P. address in Aurora to verify internet connectivity?

That only means you have local network connectivity with a chance for internet...

I can't connect through the XBOX to anywhere dude. I said it fails. .

Does it fail fail or just fail the tests?

I don't see the live content so I guess the test is right.

Yeah... erm... a RGH/JTAG don't belong on Xbox Live, and that's also why you don't see anything tied to LiVE... if you're going to continue down that path towards XBL you're on your own...

But the tests of the connection fails. Is it supposed to fail?

Yes, it fails connection to Xbox Live because of Dashlaunch and the reason for the block is because JTAG/RGH systems get banned for running unsigned code, so if you want Xbox Live you need retail console. This community tends to not support modified systems with Xbox Live because people tend to use them for an unfair advantage.

Okay, now I get you. I was told that the RGH has a private server for live. . How do I use it?

By the way I want to download covers to my games and when I insert my details in the freestyle settings and choose login nothing happens.

Okay, now I get you. I was told that the RGH has a private server for live. . How do I use it?

By the way I want to download covers to my games and when I insert my details in the freestyle settings and choose login nothing happens.

It's not LIVE... that's LiNK... it's for system link enabled games... check this forum =)

You don't need to be logged in for FSD to retrieve covers and such, it should do that without that information... however, it might be broken... haven't checked it in ages... i only use Aurora now a days =)

I know that the link system works. Whats Aurora?

And how do I transfer coveres? I was told that I can do it by FTP aswell. Don't know how though.

Aurora is a Replacement Dashboard (similar to F3, except better)

Covers you can transfer when using FSD with the webUI, otherwise if you have the correct file format already, you can replace the covers manually... but... there is no tool to do this for you...

There's no tutorial on how to manually replace the data, that's for advanced users... if you don't understand how to do it, it's not for you... use the webUI...

About LiNK... you are on the forums, please read the posts related to it? they're quite easy to find... there's also a search function on the site if you're having trouble finding it...