RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
kira125

[Aurora] TU management

Hi i was using the new TU management (in rute secction) frist i check all my TUs (restar aurora) and then i use the delete bottom

but i didnt see any diference.. all my TUs activate and deactivate ones still there

what does delete option do?

the only thing it do in my case, just delete my indie TU (so i cant play indies) i suggest to dont do that

also i read in (i dont remmember the post) that to many activate TUs make aurora slower

so it be good to add a button to deactivate all of them

because in large list of games you may activate TUs and then you forgot to deactive them

what do you think?

The Delete function deletes any active TU's (Content\0000...00\TitleID\000B0000\TUFile and Cache\TUFile) it doesn't clear out the ones you've downloaded...

The slowness you read about is when you have alot of Active TU's and have the scanning taking place every startup...

The Delete function deletes any active TU's (Content\0000...00\TitleID\000B0000\TUFile and Cache\TUFile) it doesn't clear out the ones you've downloaded...

The slowness you read about is when you have alot of Active TU's and have the scanning taking place every startup...

but then it doesnt matter if i have a lot of TUs active? because the scanning TUs it only happen once?

also any chanches to fix the delete indie TUs ?

but then it doesnt matter if i have a lot of TUs active? because the scanning TUs it only happen once?

also any chanches to fix the delete indie TUs ?

You can make it scan everyboot if you want it to, or at any time manually...

It does matter for the console, too many tu's in cache and you have problems...

Where are those stored? And why aren't they handled by aurora?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

You can make it scan everyboot if you want it to, or at any time manually...

It does matter for the console, too many tu's in cache and you have problems...

Where are those stored? And why aren't they handled by aurora?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

it does matter only if they are active? right?

where are they? i dont remmember to select a folder or something

And why aren't they handled by aurora? sorry i dont understand, can you use other words

it does matter only if they are active? right?

where are they? i dont remmember to select a folder or something

And why aren't they handled by aurora? sorry i dont understand, can you use other words

Yeah, when they're not "active" they're not in the "outer" folders, they're stored in a specific folder inside of Aurora/FSD

Why doesn't Aurora know which TU's you have for those games? (it knows about all the ones it deletes)

Why does Aurora even make backups of hard-installed title updates?

I know that soft TUs get automatically deleted after some time from the cache, but hard TUs don't. They are stored in content/00000000000000 and stay there. No need for duplicates. And since hard TUs get bigger and bigger nowadays, these backups seem like a total waste of space.

Would be great if Aurora would stop doing that... or at least have a setting for duplicating soft TUs only.

Why does Aurora even make backups of hard-installed title updates?

I know that soft TUs get automatically deleted after some time from the cache, but hard TUs don't. They are stored in content/00000000000000 and stay there. No need for duplicates. And since hard TUs get bigger and bigger nowadays, these backups seem like a total waste of space.

Would be great if Aurora would stop doing that... or at least have a setting for duplicating soft TUs only.

They are backed up because if you want to deactivate a TU- for a game, you have to delete it.   The next time you want to activate it, you have to redownload it.

With no back up, if you have TU 15 of a game, and want to use TU 14, you have to delete TU15 then redownload TU14.  Then say you want to activate TU15 again, now you have to delete TU14 and redownload TU15.    Bottom line is, hard drive space is less likely to be an issue / inconvenience than redownloading 50-900MB Tus everytime you want to switch them.      Lesser of two evils.

We back them up so you only download once, then if you want to enable/disable the TU its just a matter of copying from the back up location to the right place.

Thanks for responding.

Guess this is mainly important for people using trainers & mods. I personnally never had the need for temporarely deactivating TUs or using older versions over the latest one. So I couldn't see the benefit here. A config option for TU backup behaviour would be nice, nonetheless.

Keep up the good work!