RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Flaminek

Can I play Xbox 1 games on stock 3rd party Hdd?

Just upgraded to Sonics 500GB internal Hdd on my XBL xbox slim console. Two xbox 1 games (wrath of crotex and splinter cell thaos theory) I downloaded from XBL won't work. I can only assume it's because this drive is not a official Hdd so missiing xbox 1 compatibility files. I fixed my jtag alright with these files but can this process be done on a stock 3rd party xbox 360 hdd for use on XBL console?

Thanks in advance.

Just upgraded to Sonics 500GB internal Hdd on my XBL xbox slim console. Two xbox 1 games (wrath of crotex and splinter cell thaos theory) I downloaded from XBL won't work. I can only assume it's because this drive is not a official Hdd so missiing xbox 1 compatibility files. I fixed my jtag alright with these files but can this process be done on a stock 3rd party xbox 360 hdd for use on XBL console?

Thanks in advance.

Try formatting the console in the retail console (DO NOT FORMAT IT ON YOUR RGH!) then try to launch the game, it should download the correct compatibility data and install...

thanks swizzy.

I heard the official hdds come with the compatability files on them but 3rd party don't. can't see how formatting the drive would work, when i go to play the game it says try and do download the game again, i am connected to live at same time,so it isn't downloading what's needed. Can I just insert this stock 500gb hdd into my jtag and install the compatability files that way?or as there hacked it wouldn't work?i got the optional media update downloaded but like i've said i think this is one of the problems of using 3rd party drives or making your own using hdd hacker.

Basically, it might be that hddx:\ doesn't exist properly on the drive... so, formatting it in the retail dash would fix that problem, but if you format it on a RGH it'll remove the security sectors causing it to not work in the retail console anymore...

Putting the Xbox Compatibility files on there using a JTAG/RGH won't work either because they're hacked... if you however get a retail hdd and copy the files from it... then it'll work...

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-other-devices/original-console/play-original-games <--- read this, might help...

Basically, the third party harddrive usually don't come with the xbox support, but they don't have to... you just need to have the partition there and it should download it for you...

Well i use a 1tb drive also formatted to a hacked xbox and it works. If you dont have hddx there is a partition fixer ord hddx creator tool out there.

Well i use a 1tb drive also formatted to a hacked xbox and it works. If you dont have hddx there is a partition fixer ord hddx creator tool out there.

It's only recommended for RGH/JTAG use tho... don't use it on a hdd which is supposed to be used with a retail xbox (unhacked one)

worked it out just needed explorer360 extreme 2 and sata cable and power for the hdd and a laptop. copy over a partition 2 (256MB bin file) after i backed up what ever was there before. can confirm this method worked for my 3rd party 500 gb xbox 360 slim hdd on stock xbl console.

found the answer here-

http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/apps-pc/4897-xbox-360-partition-2-download-xbox-1-emulator.html

There is an official support for 500gb and the bin file. Thats why it works.

Of course the hddx tool should not be used for hdds that are used on retail consoles

i was able to dump partition 2 with Xplorer360 Extreme2 (on my stock 500 GB Sonnics Hdd) to start with so it is KINDA there already but after writing back partition 2 (256MB size) there is a partion 2 in the DIR. Soon as that is there you can download the compatability files in form of a title update from Xbox Live :)

The BIN file you mention is the 4 KB HDDSS isn't it not the 256MB partiton 2 bin ? I've not seen any reference to my knowledge of this fix for 3rd party hdds.

Good news anyway that you can buy a 3rd party 500gig stock hdd cheap and restore backwards functionality as the games free with gold make up about 240 GB (so lots of people will be upgrading since the summer) which probably a lot of people will have this same issue and especially since the release of the 500GB SS in the summer 2014 from Winchester xbox slims.