RealModScene
Laurence

Rgh xbox 360 help needed to update

Fsd is loading now!

The log Is called launch

[settings]

Noupdater = false

That's it

That's not a log, that's a dashlaunch configuration file, the full name of that file is "launch.ini" it tells Dashlaunch what to do...

Ahh ok but still the system update folder I put on there isn't there anymore and I haven't deleted it

Also I haven't updated dash launch

I'll have a go tomorrow thank you for you're help

Right the last bit off the guide with the USB that I can't seem to do! I've tried with two different Usbs and tried it with one or two off these $ everytime I plug it back in to my computer the files are gone

The other thing is do I need dash launch for the update to work as I haven't fixed my dash launch yet

Right the last bit off the guide with the USB that I can't seem to do! I've tried with two different Usbs and tried it with one or two off these $ everytime I plug it back in to my computer the files are gone

The other thing is do I need dash launch for the update to work as I haven't fixed my dash launch yet

Well, if you can launch F3 dashlaunch is installed and working... you can delete that stray launch.ini if you want, it's not a problem...

I'm wondering how your console will delete the update when nobody elses does :S

Is this update to get the avatar items working because I know I done an update ages ago to get mine working? If so how do I uninstall it to get the latest one working?

Thanks Buddie

Is this update to get the avatar items working because I know I done an update ages ago to get mine working? If so how do I uninstall it to get the latest one working?

Thanks Buddie

It is, but it's a new one for each new kernel update... and no, you don't need to uninstall anything... it overwrites for you ;)

Hmm why isn't it working then

What I'm going to do is update my dash launch

Do I delete the dash launch folder on my xbox and put the new one there and then go to exe menu to open and install dash launch

I've updated dash launch and it's still not updating :(

It is, but it's a new one for each new kernel update... and no, you don't need to uninstall anything... it overwrites for you ;)

This is what ive tried and now the files are there and aren't get deleted

Hmm why isn't it working then

What I'm going to do is update my dash launch

Do I delete the dash launch folder on my xbox and put the new one there and then go to exe menu to open and install dash launch

I've updated dash launch and it's still not updating :(

This is what ive tried and now the files are there and aren't get deleted

What you did was update the Dashlaunch installer, not Dashlaunch itself, it was probably already up-to-date as it should otherwise prompt you to update when you run the installer...

Have you tried starting a game once you've got your memory in the console? sometimes that's required to trigger the update...

Ow? It wasn't up to date because I wouldn't let me open it

It also had no option to update it!

I've over written the files:/ how do I update it now?

I've only opened a game not started to play it

With the tools, support and tutorials provided by Swizzy this process should be nearly fool-proof. verify that dashlaunch patches are updated to 3.14 and the default path is set to Dash.xex on the flash, or none. prepare your usb flash drive for an avatar update that matches your dash version with the latest XeBuildGUI by swizzy. insert usb stick to your console. power the console it should boot to NXE dash, if you are not immediately prompted to update, try launching XEXmenu  from the NXE dash in the games (If XEXmenu is not on your HDD use google and USB XTAF or similar program to get it there). You will find that XEXmenu will not load, but you will be prompted to update. Thanks to Swizzy. Me and thousands of other poeple have been able to complete this process with no problems at all.

• Like 1

Is there anyone I can send my xbox to?

That will update my Xbox and sort it out but someone who Is trusted?

Where do you live?

I live in sweden, you can send it to me, but... if you don't live in sweden shipping will probably kill you... xD

If you live in the US, Canada or UK i might be able to help you find someone that can help you out... basically tho alot of ppl on this forum can be trusted to help you update it... if you're unsure, just wait for someone else or check what other ppl have said... you should be able to find a mod store/shop in your country tho... they can generally also be trusted ;)

Well their is no one around here that can do it!

I live in the uk near Braintree

I've looked all over the guides for the xbox and I think the person who I bought it off didn't set it up properly so I want someone to sort it all out!

Thank you fella

If you are really struggling to get this working, I can sort it out for you (I live in the North West, so you would need to post the console to me).

Send me a PM If you are interested.

• Like 2