RealModScene
madgamer24

Can I use a external hdd for rgh

Hi guys

I recently rgh'd my xbox 360 and I only have a 250GB hdd which is really small and is now full.I want to know if I can use a External hdd.can I use any hdd with having a limit beceuse I herd you can only put a file not bigger then 4GB

You can use any hdd up to 2TB atleast, some have managed to get 3TB hdd to work aswell...

You need to have FAT32 as the filesystem on the external hdd, this is why you can only have files which are a maximum of 4GB per file...

Thnks man..so if I format it to Fat32 will it work with no limits?

Can I use any external hdd?

Any size 2.5 and 3.5

Ow and I've never actually used a external hdd.will I need to have my pc on inable it to work?

Format it as FAT32 and it shall work... there's no limitations beyond the normal ones (4GB/file maximum) and whatever else FAT32 have...

You can use any external HDD up to 2TB without any major issues, bigger discs i cannot say how they'll behave... i'd recommend going for a USB 2.0 as some have had issues with 3.0 and you don't gain anything from 3.0 anyways...

2.5" and 3.5" are essentially the same, the difference is that 3.5" generally have external power source... and they can often be bigger...

You can use the harddrive just like you would normally when connected to your PC

So I won't have any limits if I format it to fat32 no 4GB per file that's right?

And can use it with my original 250GB together

Are you reading what i'm saying or not? i'm telling you, FAT32 doesn't support files > 4GB...

no you cant use files bigger than 4gb....swizzy has said that 3 times already

you need to need to convert theĀ  ISO files into GOD files so they can be used ( or as saywaking has said below...had a brain fade and couldnt think of xbox image browser )...just meaning converted to smaller than 4gb files

you will also need to set the scan paths in FSD or Aurora to scan the external HDD so you can use it too

You dont have to convert isos to GOD container.

You also can extract them with Xbox 360 image browser or other tools.

The files are never larger than 4gb. Thats why copying those files into your fat32 hdd is working.

• Like 2