RealModScene
komser

slow speed with wireless n adapter

i buy a wireless n adapter (with two antennas, official microsoft equipment) to get at my xbox slim 300mbit connection.

first of all, wireless adapter is working with slim, although is only released for using with xbox fat.

my router shows now 300mbit at the xbox, before 65mbit.

my target was to extract the iso files directly to xbox using samba from fsd3.

i connect the samba share as network drive at my windows7 pc, which has a wireless n adapter too (=300mbit).

my problem is, that the speed is about ~2-3 mbyte/s ?!?!

using ftp is the same speed.

i tried following without sucess:

* change at router (fritzbox 7270v3) the wlan to 5ghz, at my pc too > same speed.

* create a ad-hoc network at my pc and connect xbox with my pc > same speed.

any idea ?

You can try to change the position of the router, but I would not expect too much. I reach over wireless not more than 4 - 5 mb/sec. Wireless is on 360 just very slowly.

all the stuff is in one room.

you reach 4-5 mbyte with the built in wlan ?

then something is wrong at my setup, or ?

the built-in wlan is a draft n usb adapter, but only with 2,4 ghz.

the wireless n adapter supports both with 2,4ghz and 5ghz.

right ?

Yeap, I am using the build-in Wlan Card of my Corona V2. Between my router and my 360 is a single wall. Your settings must not be wrong. It could be possible too, that foreign Wifi stations interfere your Wlan signals.

the upgrade of the wifi adapter shows 300 from 65 however all that means is the max it can do,this goes for any adapter even for pc's.You should also be aware 5ghz is the old standard & is slower & prone to interference,better to switch back to 2.4.there also may be an effect of using usb as the transfer method,lets face it usb 2.0 is pretty slow

the upgrade of the wifi adapter shows 300 from 65 however all that means is the max it can do,this goes for any adapter even for pc's.You should also be aware 5ghz is the old standard & is slower & prone to interference,better to switch back to 2.4.there also may be an effect of using usb as the transfer method,lets face it usb 2.0 is pretty slow

Actually, 2.4 GHz is the old standard... and it's used by far more other things then just networks...

Eitherway, wireless isn't all that good... running OpenWRT with optimized settings may improve the speed tho...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

i recognized following at my trials.

when i plug-in the dual-band usb wlan adapter, the mac address from xbox is unchanged, but the speed change to 300.

further, create ad-hoc at xbox itself (under advanced options from network) offers no 802.11n.

with built-in wlan only b+g and with usb wlan a+b+g, no n at all.

i try at my pc various wlan adapters, 3 available.

2 full size (fritz-wlan, cisco/linksys) and 1 (tp-link) small size.

the speed with the full size adapters is equal/similar, with 2-3 mbyte.

only with small size adapter the speed decrease, not even 1 mbyte.