RealModScene
mrknorton

[Skin] Aurora SteamOS

I'm working on it since Aurora 0.2 and I finally found a bit of time to create a working version.
This is SteamOS, a dark skin (the first one! :turned: ) inspired to the popular game library software.

3QKGRfD.png

q3bLM3W.png

RnuNOIY.png

VZafEgf.png

z24YSN4.png

HCZvFSg.png

GnIoNg5.png

jKb0qsJ.png

To display the Steam splashscreen, you need to activate the alternative splashscreen option in the Aurora settings.
Inside the archive there is also an image to place in the "Background" folder.

With the 0.6b version I have also included the Aurora plugin patch by gavin_darkglider.
Log-in to see the download links.

SteamOS-0.4b.rar

SteamOS-0.5b.rar

SteamOS-0.6b.rar

SteamOS-0.7b.rar

Report here if you find bugs. I will try to keep this skin updated as much as possible.
I don't accept custom requests. Why?

If you are looking for the version with the transparent panel, check the modified SteamOS++ skin by malim.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

No. It isnt yet. The skin developer needs to recreate the skin for the new update, as alot has been added visually, it will probably have all sorts of issues, and possibly stop aurora from loading, just like FSD.

Hope Aurora prevents using old versioned skins ...

Aurora reads a meta file stored inside of the skin package, this meta file must have a matching version number for Aurora to load it

The same thing is for Translations (they can also cause crashes if done incorrectly)

• Like 1

Best skin made for dawn, congratulations. would one way to apply navigation sounds in the skin?

Really beautiful Skin! I like it a lot!

I moved my request to make a new topic...

• Like 1

Best skin made for dawn, congratulations. would one way to apply navigation sounds in the skin?

what kind of sounds?

Really beautiful Skin! I like it a lot!

I moved my request to make a new topic...

I replied in the other topic. Thanks for the compliment

• Like 1

I didn't think I would ever get a skin for Aurora.... then I saw this. Nice work, this looks really good!

• Like 2

0.1 version? Why you are using an outdated version?

:mellow: I logged on after a long time and saw 04 July at the top and thought that a 'new' version of Aurora was posted under Aurora Releases, I saw 0.1a and thought someone got  their naming schemes wrong  :startle:

EDIT: I hope you will implement from another thread where the OP wanted the bottom panel transparent, as great as your theme looks I believe it will look better if there wasn't a box round the buttons which is the case on all Aurora themes. I would do it from your instructions but I really don't want to re-download the SDK again... So please if you have time, many of us would appreciate it, thank you for all your hard work.