RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
PauloKoast

Xbox 360 turns on only if my TV is off

So, as the title says, my Xbox 360 only turns on when I click on the power on button and after that I turn on my television. If I turn on my TV first it simply does not boot.

TV problem? Xbox problem? HDMI cable problem?

HDMI protocol problem...

You need to enable the "nohdmiwait" patch (disable waiting for hdmi handshake)

• Like 1

There's an option for it on XeBuild Gui, right?

Thanks for answering

Yes, it's an additional/optional patch

Just reflashed my Xbox with No HDMI wait option and it's working like a charm, it even boots without the need to turn on the TV

Thanks again

• Like 1

Now other problem appeared

When I boot the console without my TV being on the console goes to the official dashboard instead of FSD lol

Now other problem appeared

When I boot the console without my TV being on the console goes to the official dashboard instead of FSD lol

That's wierd... it should always read the launch.ini :S

That's wierd... it should always read the launch.ini :S

It's more weird because I can see the freestyle plugin was loaded because there is "Freestyle Home" and stuff in the Xbox menu

What the hell

How many times did you tried? I think fsd and/or dashlaunch is little buggy. It happened to me many times that the original dashboard appeared instead of fsd.

How many times did you tried? I think fsd and/or dashlaunch is little buggy. It happened to me many times that the original dashboard appeared instead of fsd.

It's not so much that Dashlaunch is buggy, it's more that your HDD is slow and doesn't initialize itself properly in time for Dashlaunch to read the launch.ini from it, or start FSD from it (if it's on a different device generally)

Did not think of it. So we would need a faster device than the default one? The xbox should reboot if the internal hdd initializes after succesfully booting. At least it would be as it does when you plug in/out the internal hdd while the xbox is turned on. Maybe it's electricaly logic but otherwise you're theory would'nt fit to me. But i guess it does anyway :D

It was on FSD. Never happened with Aurora yet.

Did not think of it. So we would need a faster device than the default one? The xbox should reboot if the internal hdd initializes after succesfully booting. At least it would be as it does when you plug in/out the internal hdd while the xbox is turned on. Maybe it's electricaly logic but otherwise you're theory would'nt fit to me. But i guess it does anyway :D

It was on FSD. Never happened with Aurora yet.

I was mainly referring to USB drives... if you're using your internal HDD only i have no idea...

For what it's worth, I've been having the booting to NXE issue with Aurora and I'm also running off of the internal HDD. It never used to happen - I think it may have started once I set the "nohdmiwait" option to true. Which is a shame because that option was very useful for me. Haven't changed my hard drive or anything since I Jtagged this console years ago except for just updating the kernel, etc.

For what it's worth, I've been having the booting to NXE issue with Aurora and I'm also running off of the internal HDD. It never used to happen - I think it may have started once I set the "nohdmiwait" option to true. Which is a shame because that option was very useful for me. Haven't changed my hard drive or anything since I Jtagged this console years ago except for just updating the kernel, etc.[/size]

This patch has to be applied for each update, so if you missed setting it... it'll cause the problem to return... it could also be that your TV don't like the hdmi handshake not taking place the way it's supposed to...

Sometimes it go to the original Dashboard, sometimes the Xbox don't send any signal to the TV until Aurora or FSD is loaded

I think this does not have something to do with HDD slowness, because I can select "Xbox Dashboard" on the Xbox Menu and it goes to FSD

never had that problem, the hdmi one, sure, but the fsd/aurora crashing, and the plugin being loaded? the closest I got to this was aurora loading and the plugin crashing. Who knows? I dont. lol.

• Like 1