RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
vincepirez

Link: Cheaters/Hacks and Status Page?

Howdy,

Firstly, great job on Link, it works amazingly! I know it's still in beta and early days yet, but I had a couple of questions.

One thing that's always made me very cautious about playing "online" is the use of hacks and cheats. I assume as Link runs on RGH/JTAG machines, people will be able to cheat via modded xex's or plugins? Playing a FPS via SystemLink is obviously going to be no fun if people are running around with God mode on. Is this currently something people are able to do, and if so, any plans to implement a report system? Obviously this would create a lot of overhead for you in managing users and access, so I'm just curious on your thoughts regarding this. Is it going to be a case of "play at your own risk"?

On a seperate note, do you have any plans of introducing a Link status page? It would be useful for those who are trying to figure out if they have a configuration issue or the Link servers are currently down.

there is a reporting system already in place, click on a users name in the HUD to see it.

if people lose a lot of rep quickly the admin will be notified and then we will deal with people that like to ruin games for other people.

Organising 20 people to report 1 person because he/her had a grudge could hit the legitmate gamer that is being reported if his/her rep was to decrease quickly?

I never cheat, the only time I mod is in single player games, however I have known people to do that above on XBL

yep this guy isn't cheating at all :p

HAHHAAH, Brilliant.. but come on, we're on modded xboxes.

Besides, wouldn't you also need that texture pack/skin pack to see his skin. Strange one ;)

Anyway, you know what I meant.

nope i don't have any mods for re5 at all and i don't think i'd need them to see them plus that outfit will be from another character in the game (ada maybe?) he's just swapped the textures around not loaded new ones..

but yes skin mods like this i don't care about kinda nice to look at actually :p

• Like 1